Anyone Christmas shopping yet... continued...

Our North Face is having their sample sale now! I was at an outlet mall so I'm not sure if that makes a difference, but I got some deals!! The sample sizes were 6-12 months, 3T, and Women's Medium. I didn't shop for DH at all so I didn't see what the men's was. DS is in a 6-12 months and I'm a Medium, so I was able to score A raincoat for me, fall coat for DS, T-shirt for me, t-shirt for DS, and a winter hat for me for $47 which I consider an absolute steal for The North Face! None of this is presents but it's all stuff we need for the holiday season so it worked out. We live in a warm climate and the most DS will need is what I got him today except for about 6 weeks out of the year, so it'll get tons of use!

Used my Kohl's Cash from DD18s raincoat purchase to get a Columbia fleece vest for her.

Dare I say, I think I'm done with all my required Christmas shopping other than picking up See's candy for the older couple I need to buy for, and some candy for DDs stocking. :cool1: I'll wait until the last minute for the candy since the See's needs to be fresh and I like to have the Christmas themed wrappers on everything.

Of course, being "done" won't stop me from shopping for more stuff for DD18 but I'm really going to try and keep it under control this year :cool2: I'm really happy with what I've gotten her and don't feel the need to buy anything more at this point, so I'm hoping that bodes well for me...

I haven't started yet but I want to! Anyone have suggestions for 20 and 18 year old boys and a daughter 14? They will give me a list but I would like to come up with some cute filler gifts that they don't know they're getting.

I have 19 and 16 year old boys. One will give me ideas the other not one idea at all. I need ideas for them too.

I haven't started yet but I want to! Anyone have suggestions for 20 and 18 year old boys and a daughter 14? They will give me a list but I would like to come up with some cute filler gifts that they don't know they're getting.

I have 19 and 16 year old boys. One will give me ideas the other not one idea at all. I need ideas for them too.

Hasbro has released parody board games for adults - Sorry Not Sorry, The Game of Life - Quarter Life Crisis, Botched Operation, Mystery Date: Catfished, and Clue: What Happened Last Night? Lost in Vegas. They are available today at Target for about $20 each. I picked up Sorry, Life and Operation today. I need to look at them more carefully to be sure, but I think I am giving Sorry to DD19 (I don't think she will want to play with the family, but it looks like it would be fun with her friends), Life to her boyfriend, who just graduated, and Operation to DD15. Life and Operation look family-friendly at first glance. We are a big board game family, and they get games every Christmas. I'll pick up a few more, but I don't know which yet.

Still not shopping yet, but I've got a decent idea of what to get the kids. They're at ages where figuring out what to get is nearly impossible. Youngest (8) wants to be a youtuber so I'm thinking a decent laptop (he's been asking for one, anyway). Oldest (15) is begging to go on a school trip to Japan next summer. I told him if he goes he has to pay half and my half will be his Christmas and next years birthday. I'll still do a few small things for him but nothing major.

No idea about DH, we're not friends right now. I'm thinking underwear and socks.

Still not shopping yet, but I've got a decent idea of what to get the kids. They're at ages where figuring out what to get is nearly impossible. Youngest (8) wants to be a youtuber so I'm thinking a decent laptop (he's been asking for one, anyway). Oldest (15) is begging to go on a school trip to Japan next summer. I told him if he goes he has to pay half and my half will be his Christmas and next years birthday. I'll still do a few small things for him but nothing major.

No idea about DH, we're not friends right now. I'm thinking underwear and socks.

The bolded made me LOL!! Sorry for you though. We've all been there!

Well my DS 11 is completely done from stocking stuffers to under tree gifts to his big surprise which is a whole new Star Wars bedroom. I am most proud of arranging a way for it to be delivered the Friday before and he is going to visit his dad right after school and stay there until Christmas Eve. I have a feeling his Elf on a Shelf might caution tape off his room so he will need to stay in another bedroom on Christmas Eve and Santa might pop by to wrap his door so in the morning he can see his brand new room (my son is autistic and believes in magic with all of his being)

As for my DD 16 I have a few things to get her- the major ones being the XS Max, Airpods (but rumors are happening that Airpods 2 might come soon so holding off till Nov), phone case, new popsocket and a pair of Adidas pants.

My mom is done except for the new phone Im getting her. Still need to buy for my Dad and Step Mom which is so hard because if they want something they go and buy it.

DD18 redecorated her room recently, and had said she wanted some rice paper floor lamps. So I picked up a couple of cute ones while I was at Ikea today even though I said I was done shopping for her because they were a great deal at just $13 each.

Then I got home - and DD18 just happened to mention she absolutely didn't want round ones, they had to be square. And of course the Ikea ones are round.:headache: So back they go! Guess I was done after all - all of the square ones are more than I care to spend at this point, so she won't be getting them from me! :rolleyes:

GMA has deals and steal everyday Monday thru Thursday till December 20.

Last year they had make up sponges and I missed them. I checked last week and I got them for this year for DD.

DS wants a video game that comes out in November and he said he would take that for Christmas I might let GMA give it to him.

I might get DH a yeti cooler - one and done.

Fanatics has a site wide sale going on so I got:

Older DD: VGK Sweats, Pullover Hoodie, Knit Hat, Infinity Scarf and a Fleury figure for her stocking.
Younger DD: VGK T-shirt with Karlsson’s name and number on the back and a Karlsson Figure for her stocking. (She has a mad crush on him)
DS: VGK “Empire” T-shirt with a Storm Trooper on it. No figure for him, he’s not really into it like the rest of us but he loves Star Wars and will have a VGK shirt to wear on spirit days at school now.
I may or may not have bought myself a new VGK T-Shirt...:rolleyes1

Hit up the Disney Store for Holiday Plush for stockings and Ornaments. It was 20% off site wide and the Ornaments were BOGO 50% off.

Picked up a few things for DD13 this weekend. She has been in a "I'll only wear black" phase for the past year and has asked for a pair of red (not dark red) skinny jeans and a pair of white skinny jeans! Yes please! So excited to see some actual color on her. Found them both at Target, one on sale, the other on clearance.

Picked up a few things for DD13 this weekend. She has been in a "I'll only wear black" phase for the past year and has asked for a pair of red (not dark red) skinny jeans and a pair of white skinny jeans! Yes please! So excited to see some actual color on her. Found them both at Target, one on sale, the other on clearance.

I'm so jealous! DD18 used to like all sorts of pastel colors and flowery prints, but the last year or so she's refused to wear anything but solid black, grey, navy, white or beige. And it all has to be big and baggy, nothing form fitting in sight (even though she's got a great figure). It's all so DULL! I'm hoping this phase will end soon...

I'm so jealous! DD18 used to like all sorts of pastel colors and flowery prints, but the last year or so she's refused to wear anything but solid black, grey, navy, white or beige. And it all has to be big and baggy, nothing form fitting in sight (even though she's got a great figure). It's all so DULL! I'm hoping this phase will end soon...

It's rough with that phase! Mine used to be all cute clothes (for a year she refused to wear anything that didn't have a cat on it), but then she hit the "nothing but black" phase....It's depressing! At least she hasn't hit the baggy clothes part. I'm hoping this is a bit of color coming back to the house... Like spring after a winter lol?

I think I'm about done. Need something for my mom for Christmas but we tend to do more experiences as opposed to physical gifts so I'll just find something fun we can do. Maybe afternoon tea at a fancy hotel again. We really cut down our list a few years ago & DHs family went to a Dirty Santa instead of buying gifts for everyone so that has helped a LOT.
Most of what I need to get are stocking stuffers. I've picked up a few things at Penzeys & Dollar Tree but I've still got a ways to go. Hopefully a few things will come up in my subscription boxes that I can give to others.

I think I'm about done. Need something for my mom for Christmas but we tend to do more experiences as opposed to physical gifts so I'll just find something fun we can do. Maybe afternoon tea at a fancy hotel again. We really cut down our list a few years ago & DHs family went to a Dirty Santa instead of buying gifts for everyone so that has helped a LOT.
Most of what I need to get are stocking stuffers. I've picked up a few things at Penzeys & Dollar Tree but I've still got a ways to go. Hopefully a few things will come up in my subscription boxes that I can give to others.

Tea for Mom, what a great idea. Maybe I could drop a few hints to my daughter. :listen:

Tea for Mom, what a great idea. Maybe I could drop a few hints to my daughter. :listen:

We love it. There's a great old hotel in our area that does a very traditional afternoon tea (Its what they served to Queen Elizabeth when she visited decades ago). The hotel is gorgeous and the service is amazing. We love to just sit & relax and enjoy our time together.

Target has their 25 off 100 toy sale so I just placed an order for my toddler. If you get your cart close to 100 it’s a 25% discount with the 5% red card so I will take that not to have to shop Black Friday deals. After this I need just two items for him :)

What’s a good budget for an almost 2 year old? I’m a SAHM so half the toys are educational which I feel like justifies an increase in budget as he has no daycare for puzzles and such. My total with everything on list is about $200. We rarely buy toys the rest of the year so this seems good no? This year he’s getting the little people jungle set w/ add on zoo animals, 2 Melissa & Doug puzzle toys, a tent, a ferry boat w/ cars, a bigger toy car (has doors and trunk opens etc), train set from Ikea, and a magnetic board with a few magnet sets (about $15 bc two I had from Target dollar spot).

I’m also pregnant with number two who is a boy so some toys will get passed down and shared thus why I’m willing to invest in more sturdy items.

Hasbro has released parody board games for adults - Sorry Not Sorry, The Game of Life - Quarter Life Crisis, Botched Operation, Mystery Date: Catfished, and Clue: What Happened Last Night? Lost in Vegas. They are available today at Target for about $20 each. I picked up Sorry, Life and Operation today. I need to look at them more carefully to be sure, but I think I am giving Sorry to DD19 (I don't think she will want to play with the family, but it looks like it would be fun with her friends), Life to her boyfriend, who just graduated, and Operation to DD15. Life and Operation look family-friendly at first glance. We are a big board game family, and they get games every Christmas. I'll pick up a few more, but I don't know which yet.
My dd is in her 2nd year of college. She asked for

-What do you meme?
-cards against humanity. Not sure which box to buy as there are several

I'll have to check out the games you listed :)

btw- anyone have the catfished game??if so whats it like?
I love the show catfish lol!

My dd is in her 2nd year of college. She asked for

-What do you meme?
-cards against humanity. Not sure which box to buy as there are several

I'll have to check out the games you listed :)

btw- anyone have the catfished game??if so whats it like?
I love the show catfish lol!

If she doesn't have the first original CAH game I would get that.
We have it already, plus some expansions which are now included in the red box so I got dd the green box and a couple of the packs (geek, college).

I haven't been doing a ton of shopping but I managed to get those games for dd, ordered a couple of Switch games, and got her some socks, and some beauty products for the Advent calender I'm making for her.

The Advent calender thread has inspired me to do that for a few people this year so I ordered a couple of the Bonne Maman ones and I want to get some biscuits or something to go with them.

I'm going to make one for dh and fill it with craft beers, snacks, candies, maybe some graphic tees, permethrin socks, and duluth boxers. That will be his only gift since we've agreed not to get anything big for eachother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter