Anyone Christmas shopping yet... continued...

I'm getting a little frustrated as the days until Christmas tick lower and lower. We want to do more experiences and less stuff this year but I feel like the best deals (and sometimes only option) doesn't open up until closer to Christmas. And until I know how much I am going to spend on experiences, I'm not sure how much I have left in the budget for the stuff. That's just the kids. My moms side of the family is in a bit of turmoil right now, I never know what to get for my dads side and I'm waiting until we go visit the inlaws in the next couple of weeks to figure out what to get them. I feel like I am definitely not going to make my goal of being done by December :sad:.

If she doesn't have the first original CAH game I would get that.
We have it already, plus some expansions which are now included in the red box so I got dd the green box and a couple of the packs (geek, college).

I haven't been doing a ton of shopping but I managed to get those games for dd, ordered a couple of Switch games, and got her some socks, and some beauty products for the Advent calender I'm making for her.

The Advent calender thread has inspired me to do that for a few people this year so I ordered a couple of the Bonne Maman ones and I want to get some biscuits or something to go with them.

I'm going to make one for dh and fill it with craft beers, snacks, candies, maybe some graphic tees, permethrin socks, and duluth boxers. That will be his only gift since we've agreed not to get anything big for eachother.
I've only seen boxes with colors on it like red, green. Does the original say Original or box #1 ?? So if I can't find the original which box do you recommend to start with? She doesn't own any.

Today I bought my DD some mermaid make up brushes. I need to start a box to hold some of her Christmas packages. Maybe this weekend I'll wrap some of the smaller things I got her

I've only seen boxes with colors on it like red, green. Does the original say Original or box #1 ?? So if I can't find the original which box do you recommend to start with? She doesn't own any.

Today I bought my DD some mermaid make up brushes. I need to start a box to hold some of her Christmas packages. Maybe this weekend I'll wrap some of the smaller things I got her

Here is a link to the original.
https://www.target.com/p/cards-against-humanity-game/-/A-51078183

I'm not positive but I don't think the color boxes contain any of the directions, I think it is just cards. Since they are expansion packs they may not contain enough of the question cards to play with just that box, but I'm not sure. I would check out the actual CAH website to get all that info.

Picked up a few things for DD13 this weekend. She has been in a "I'll only wear black" phase for the past year and has asked for a pair of red (not dark red) skinny jeans and a pair of white skinny jeans! Yes please! So excited to see some actual color on her. Found them both at Target, one on sale, the other on clearance.

I went through that phase in junior high as a "waver." You could tell when I hadn't done my laundry because I'd be wearing the floral and pastel clothes my mom had bought me. My high school I went through a grunge phase so my poor mom couldn't catch a break clothes wise. One of the nicest things my dad did then was buy me some flannel plaid shirts because he noticed that I wore them and they were on sale. It felt like he noticed and accepted me as I was.

We are in the process of moving into a smaller house without a pool. I want to get the kids a Spring Free trampoline for Christmas as their big gift to make up for the loss of a pool. My dh offered to put a pool in at the new house but a trampoline is much cheaper. Does anyone know if they have a Black Friday sale? Those trampolines are expensive.

Well it's not much... but it's a start:

I got my DD9 an outfit for her American Girl Doll from Target for 6.99 yesterday, a pair of fuzzy mermaid socks , some pocketbacs and travel sized lotion, shower gel and body mist from Bath and Bodyworks for 10.25

She's the easiest to buy for out of my 3 kids. She's girly, likes AG dolls, Barbie, makeup and Harry Potter. There are gazillions of options at all price points this year :P

Still to come, DS12 - Not into anything in particular. He's only asked for one video game and a pro controller. I may look into getting him a refurbished PS4 or newer Iphone, his old 5 doesn't hold a charge and gets hot from time to time. I went all out an bought some cool nerf toys and Legos for him last Christmas. They still haven't been opened. :( We are leaving the age of toys behind.

DS6 - Happy with anything, really likes almost everything you would expect a 6yo boy to like. He's still happier with the happy meal toys than anything we've bought him. I may spring for some Legos this year to see how they hold his interest.

No ideas yet for the rest of the family. My mom just moved into a new apartment, so maybe something nice she wouldn't normally buy herself? Inlaws... big blank on them. My husband usually buys his dad ammo so they can go shooting together. He must have a pretty good stockpile by now! :P MIL is dealing with some health challenges so maybe something to pamper herself.

2 nieces - 5months and 11 years old. Should be pretty easy
2 nephews - 5 years and 10 years. Also easy. I tend to get them nerf stuff. It's hard to go wrong with that.

I'm not in a huge rush until Mid November. That's when I start to really worry if I don't have any ideas.

Here is a link to the original.
https://www.target.com/p/cards-against-humanity-game/-/A-51078183

I'm not positive but I don't think the color boxes contain any of the directions, I think it is just cards. Since they are expansion packs they may not contain enough of the question cards to play with just that box, but I'm not sure. I would check out the actual CAH website to get all that info.
Thank you for the info. I just thought it was the smaller boxes so you saved me-lol!

I got a groupon for cold stone creamery for DS. You know I could make him an ice cream basket but he is like me and wants plain ice cream with nothing on it or in it. Maybe I ll try to get him a quart closer to and for Xmas and hide it till then.

Well we’ve decided our upcoming trip will be a Universal trip and the kids (14 and 21) will be getting Universal 3 park Annual Passes for Christmas. We’ve been throwing around ideas for this trip but we weren’t sold on anything, so this will be a surprise for them. They both love Universal, we haven’t been to Volcano Bay yet, and this means two trips while we have the AP’s. Whatever Dh and I get eachother will be trip related.
I already got ds14 a chromebook, so he will get a few small things ( books, candy etc) and he’s done. Dd will get a few more gifts .. she wants new bedding and things for when she eventually gets an apartment so I will watch for sales. Black Friday will be good for that stuff.
So I’ve at least got my ideas for the kids. Now to figure out the other 15 people we need to buy for. :scared:

So no new shopping for anyone on my list, but I pre-ordered a Pixel 3 this week as an early Christmas present to myself :santa:

Of course it's always a slippery slope - ordering the phone got me to thinking I'd like some wire free earphones too...so right now I'm just trying to suppress the urge to buy them now and instead do the mature thing and wait for the Black Friday sales :smooth:

Silly me - just a week or so ago I was thinking that there was nothing I wanted this year LOL

I went shopping tonight. I'm so excited and feel like I scored :)

There's a Target that's closing down. I've been going every other day or two-lol!
Here's what I got for DD
regular prices 30% off coupon 5% off Final cost
1. What do you meme? ------------$29.99 $20.99 -3.34 -0.88 $16.77
2. Cards against humanity Blue--- $20.00 $14.00 -2.22 -0.59 $11.19
3. Cards against humanity Red----$20.00 $14.00 -2.22 -0.59 $11.19
4. Cards against humanity Green-$20.00 $14.00 -2.22 -0.59 $11.19
saved $35.52
the coupon was spend $50 on toys get $10 off plus 5% for red card Total with tax was $54.47
Plus I got a $5 off coupon to use at another Target

2nd purchase was I bought DD a Keurig K min plus single serve regular price was $79.99 30% off and 5%off total $53.13 tax not included plus They gave me $5 off to use at another Target

I got another Target and bought the Main Box of Cards against humanity $25----5.00 off coupon and 5% off total $20.47

The expansions cards weren't on her list but for the price I couldnt pass up. We can return if she doesn't want it.

We already have a Keurig but I also bought the single serve for us for when we travel :) The cheapest I found it for online was $79.00 so I feel like I scored

I went shopping tonight. I'm so excited and feel like I scored :)

There's a Target that's closing down. I've been going every other day or two-lol!
Here's what I got for DD
regular prices 30% off coupon 5% off Final cost
1. What do you meme? ------------$29.99 $20.99 -3.34 -0.88 $16.77
2. Cards against humanity Blue--- $20.00 $14.00 -2.22 -0.59 $11.19
3. Cards against humanity Red----$20.00 $14.00 -2.22 -0.59 $11.19
4. Cards against humanity Green-$20.00 $14.00 -2.22 -0.59 $11.19
saved $35.52
the coupon was spend $50 on toys get $10 off plus 5% for red card Total with tax was $54.47
Plus I got a $5 off coupon to use at another Target

2nd purchase was I bought DD a Keurig K min plus single serve regular price was $79.99 30% off and 5%off total $53.13 tax not included plus They gave me $5 off to use at another Target

I got another Target and bought the Main Box of Cards against humanity $25----5.00 off coupon and 5% off total $20.47

The expansions cards weren't on her list but for the price I couldnt pass up. We can return if she doesn't want it.

We already have a Keurig but I also bought the single serve for us for when we travel :) The cheapest I found it for online was $79.00 so I feel like I scored
Great scores!

So no new shopping for anyone on my list, but I pre-ordered a Pixel 3 this week as an early Christmas present to myself :santa:

Of course it's always a slippery slope - ordering the phone got me to thinking I'd like some wire free earphones too...so right now I'm just trying to suppress the urge to buy them now and instead do the mature thing and wait for the Black Friday sales :smooth:

Silly me - just a week or so ago I was thinking that there was nothing I wanted this year LOL
I’ve had a pair of wireless Bose Soundsports and charging case in my Wishlist forever. We don’t usually exchange but the younger kids have been really adamant the last year or two about getting us gifts for holidays. DH is very much in the “let them pick it out” camp so I’m trying to find a way to drop “hints” to them. (No one ever looks at my list)

With my kids going to be 13 at the end of November toys are pretty much out so I am not so patiently waiting for Black Friday deals to be revealed. Not my usual style as I am at least done with birthday stuff by now and my closet is woefully empty. It’s giving me anxiety.

I did grab a couple birthday gifts yesterday- a preorder for a video game for DS and a book set for DD.

I’ve had a pair of wireless Bose Soundsports and charging case in my Wishlist forever. We don’t usually exchange but the younger kids have been really adamant the last year or two about getting us gifts for holidays. DH is very much in the “let them pick it out” camp so I’m trying to find a way to drop “hints” to them. (No one ever looks at my list)

With my kids going to be 13 at the end of November toys are pretty much out so I am not so patiently waiting for Black Friday deals to be revealed. Not my usual style as I am at least done with birthday stuff by now and my closet is woefully empty. It’s giving me anxiety.

I did grab a couple birthday gifts yesterday- a preorder for a video game for DS and a book set for DD.
How do you like the wireless earbuds? Anyone have the wireless Apple airpods? I was thinking of getting some for my DD but wondering if it stays in the ear pretty secure or can these fall out? She has long hair so not sure. I just would hate if one fell out and was lost. Is $124 a good price or can I find these cheaper?

How do you like the wireless earbuds? Anyone have the wireless Apple airpods? I was thinking of getting some for my DD but wondering if it stays in the ear pretty secure or can these fall out? She has long hair so not sure. I just would hate if one fell out and was lost. Is $124 a good price or can I find these cheaper?
My oldest loves wireless earbuds. I haven’t had a lot of experience with them myself. I thought about getting DS the AirPods because the weirdo prefers the fit of Apple earbuds but I think I’m going with Powerbeats 3’s for all three kids. The AirPods get lots of love and are reported to stay pretty secure but for me, my kids having to keep track of three relatively small pieces seems like a disaster waiting to happen. They’re responsible kids but I have visions of me always trying to hunt them down, lol.

$124 is a good price (they’re normally $159) but make 100% sure you buy them from an authorized dealer like Best Buy, Target etc. There are a LOT of fakes out there especially on Amazon and eBay. I found the Powerbeats at Walmart for $134 and while I’d like to hold out for less I’m afraid not to snag them and then they don’t go down again.

Now I'm excited about Christmas shopping-lol! I talked to dd the other day and she said she had a lower back right side spasm type. Sometimes her backs hurts (probably from stress) and also has pain in her legs so not sure if stiffiness or what. She has had low vitamin D labs were 12-14 and regualr labs should be 30. Took rx vita D and brought it up to 19. I told hubby for Christmas I would get her a nice massager. One thats for back and legs. Anyone have one they recommend? She lives on campus in an apartment and shares a room, so nothing super big or bulky so no massage bed or recliner-lol!

shopping list of stuff I need to get
-massager for dd

on DD's xmas request list
-sun bum 3-1 leave in conditioner

I already got her her card games she wanted but doesn't ask for much
what else do college kids like besides $$money$$ and gift cards

DD's bday is first week of December so I always find it hard to figure out what to buy her, especially because she doesn't ask for much

so far I have
-5 mermaid theme make-up brushes
-cards against humanity main deck black box
-cards against humanity red, blue and green box
-What do you meme? game
-keurig K mini single serving

waiting for gift card deals

We are in the process of moving into a smaller house without a pool. I want to get the kids a Spring Free trampoline for Christmas as their big gift to make up for the loss of a pool. My dh offered to put a pool in at the new house but a trampoline is much cheaper. Does anyone know if they have a Black Friday sale? Those trampolines are expensive.

you may already be aware of this but just in case-keep in mind when purchasing how much that gift is going to add to your homeowner's insurance costs IF your insurer will even permit it:

Each insurance company may look at trampolines differently, for example:

• No Restrictions: An insurance company may not care and there might not be any restrictions or difference in cost if you have or do not have a trampoline.
  • Netting: An insurance company may require that it be netted in order to be eligible for coverage.
  • Surcharge: A company may surcharge the policy for having a trampoline - a charge of $25-50 a year depending on the insurance company.
  • Ineligible for coverage: A company may not allow you to own a trampoline, whether it is netted or not. They will usually cancel or non renew the homeowners insurance policy as soon as they know that the trampoline is on the property.
  • Exclusion: A company may have a trampoline liability exclusion on the policy, meaning that if there is a claim involving a trampoline there is no liability coverage.

i highlighted the one b/c we looked at getting a trampoline at one point in time for our kids and our insurer would have cancelled our policy. i subsequently learned of a couple of neighbors who ended up getting rid of theirs not b/c of lack of enjoyment or injuries-their insurance companies (both different than the one we had) discovered the trampolines when they put in claims on other issues with their homes and that's when they found out they were in violation of their policies.

DD was home today and we hits Kohls.
I got a Disney clearance shirt for myself - gift.
T-shirt for DS - gift. This kid needs no clothes and wants none.
7 tops for DD - some might go back to college with her - early bday gifts.
5 tops for DD'S BF and 1 pair U of I socks - for him to support his GF :)
Earned $30 Kohls cash I believe I'm going to get a under amour sweatshirt with the cash. We had a 30% off coupon.

As a surprise: Yesterday I got a tiny tree about 10" tall for DD to put on her bathroom sink from hobby lobby for around $3.50. I found 1" wrapped foil Xmas presents at the dollar tree today. I decided I'm going to get another tree and a couple of decorations and sent them to DD'S BF and they can use their phones and then can decorate their trees together.

Find any good ideas for hot toys? I too got the Fingerling last year very early on thanks to my boss seeing on a news clip that it should be a hot item.
Wrapples, lil gleemerz and pomsies are supposed to be big. I found some wrapples at target today so my two youngest are all set with those

Now I'm excited about Christmas shopping-lol! I talked to dd the other day and she said she had a lower back right side spasm type. Sometimes her backs hurts (probably from stress) and also has pain in her legs so not sure if stiffiness or what. She has had low vitamin D labs were 12-14 and regualr labs should be 30. Took rx vita D and brought it up to 19. I told hubby for Christmas I would get her a nice massager. One thats for back and legs. Anyone have one they recommend? She lives on campus in an apartment and shares a room, so nothing super big or bulky so no massage bed or recliner-lol!

shopping list of stuff I need to get
-massager for dd

on DD's xmas request list
-sun bum 3-1 leave in conditioner

I already got her her card games she wanted but doesn't ask for much
what else do college kids like besides $$money$$ and gift cards

DD's bday is first week of December so I always find it hard to figure out what to buy her, especially because she doesn't ask for much

so far I have
-5 mermaid theme make-up brushes
-cards against humanity main deck black box
-cards against humanity red, blue and green box
-What do you meme? game
-keurig K mini single serving

waiting for gift card deals
I wish I could help you out with suggestions but I’m struggling myself. My DD is very sentimental and would not want cash. She’s not into clothes, girly stuff, coffee etc. The last couple of years I’ve been buying her things for when she has her own home; dishes, towels, small appliances, Tupperware, silverware etc. I’m about tapped out in that department though. I’m playing with making a TiVo w/1 year service her “big gift.”

I went for it with the Powerbeats for all three. I know from buying the headphones in the past that only certain colors go on sale at certain times and didn’t want to take the chance of not getting the ones I wanted. Saved $65 on each pair and I don’t think they’ll come down much more than that. I have 90 days to return so we’ll see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!