Anyone concerned about the Real ID waiver expiring?

I live in Missouri (a non-compliant state). a) I don't have the money to fly anywhere; b) I have a passport.

Still, hundreds of thousands of Missourians don't have a passport to *show* the TSA guy (see what I did there), so it's going to be a problem for them.

I live in Missouri (a non-compliant state). a) I don't have the money to fly anywhere; b) I have a passport.

Still, hundreds of thousands of Missourians don't have a passport to *show* the TSA guy (see what I did there), so it's going to be a problem for them.

We are in compliance now.

Gov. Eric Greitens on Monday signed legislation that will bring Missouri into compliance with the Real ID Act while giving an out to those worried about thefederal law. The bill, which goes into effect Aug. 28, allows those who wish to get a Real ID-compliant driver's license to do so.
(Jun 12, 2017)

I’m not too worried about it. Idaho has an extension until 2020 and will start issuing RealID licenses starting next year. Plus, now that my daughter is 16 and can get a passport without her Dad’s permission being required I just figured I would get us those and we will not have to worry about updating our ID’s until they expire.

I have a passport, Fla drivers liscence and a special document from Canadian immigration attached to my passport for no question admitence into Canada. I'm good for what I need.

At least a state ID fits in your wallet

That's what the passport card is good for. If you already have a passport, then the application can be processed as a "renewal" for $30.

ppt_card_new.jpg

About 10 states still aren't compliant with the requirements and there's worry that by this January (after an extension of this month's deadline) that driver licenses and non-DL state IDs won't be accepted as ID at airport lines. The alternative is of course a passport card or (for permanent residents) a green card.

http://travelskills.com/2017/10/18/passport-needed-domestic/

One reason why I got my passport card was because California kept on applying for extensions on the Real ID requirement and I wasn't sure when there would be a hard deadline or if California would finally produce a compliant ID.

Not worried at all because I have a passport good until 2022.

I am in MN, where we are not compliant. I find it maddening that our state won't fix the problem, but my whole family has passports, so it won't affect us for a good 8 years LOL.

Renewed my passport today. I don't ever plan to leave the country again (I went to Italy 20 years ago), but I want one just in case we may need them for domestic travel someday.

I'm good. We have verified licenses which made it very easy to get our passports. The documentation was crazy but worth it.

Have had our Passports for years...made sure us and kids had them all up to date. We travelled in 2016 with our 1 year old grandkids and one of my gifts to them after they were born was to pay for their passports. They are good for 3 more years and then will update them. We use our passports for domestic travel all the time.

MJ

Update - the enforcement is being delayed until October 1, 2020. California is issuing RealID compliant driver licenses and non-DL IDs starting this January. My DL doesn't expire until 2019, so I will be going to my local DMV to get one at that point.

http://travelskills.com/2017/12/28/tsa-eases-up-on-drivers-license-id-demand/

Good. I'm one of the affected states and think the passport requirement is dumb. I have one, but it's still dumb to have to travel with it if I'm flying to another state.

We have passports so haven’t been following too much. We are in NJ, a coworker who does not have a passport said she will need to get one to fly to Florida. She said NJ is non-compliant, yet didn’t see NJ on the list.

We all have passports, and my adult kids do too (lived in Alaska for a while, and it seemed prudent to be able to drive out if we wanted to).

Yes. When you can easily get a passport which suits all needs, I don't understand why one would fuss with something else.

Maybe because a DL only costs $16 dollars and a passport costs $110. And I would need a DL anyway. Luckily I live in a compliant state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter