• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Disappointed in Dole Whips?

Aubrey and sha_lyn...my thinking on the "whip" thing is that a "whip" might have been something where ingredients were swirled together. Not necessarily completely blended...but swirled together...icy, chunky, maybe with the need for a spoon or fork.
I guess more to the point....why don't they just call it "Dole pineapple ice cream" instead of Dole Whip? Everybody knows what ice cream is.

Because we considered a local concession, I have researched the Dole Whip product line . It is a pre-packaged non-dairy mix which is fed into a soft-serve machine. There are various flavors including several fruit kinds that Disney does not offer. They could certainly not call it ice cream because there is no cream or milk in the product. I happen to like it a lot but I agree it is not an entirely unique experience. It does freshen up a hot day in the park, though. :tongue:

How about "Dole's It Looks, Acts and Tastes Just Like Ice Cream but there's no Cream or Milk in it Pineapple Product?"
It explains it better and there's finally a name longer than "Pirates of the Caribbean!"

I always wondered why Dole Whips were so highly touted on these boards as a seemingly almost unique Disney thing. But I can get a Dole Whip at my local ice cream shop. Is that not true of every region?

If I have a taste for them I think a Dole Whip is a nice treat. But usually I prefer my Disney ice cream snacks to come in the shape of a mouse head!!!!
:teeth:

I agree that Dole Whips are much better in a float...Don't know if I'm just jumping on the bandwagon or whatever, but I love them! To me it tastes different than ice cream...There's just something about that pineapple/vanilla combo that's so refreshing! :)

you are so funny :goodvibes For the sake of these boards could we just refer to it in the future as DILA&TJLICBTNCOMIIPP.:goodvibes
Thanks for my laugh of the day:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter