Anyone dissappointed in star wars land

IMO they could do a lot to add to the immersion. Like have remote controlled droids running around, or maybe droids as garbage cans. Aliens walking around would be really cool. We saw two storm troopers but that was it. Darth Vader and Chewbacca were showing up on the app over in Tomorrowland... why not in Galaxies Edge? Are there any street shows like they put on outside Guardians of the Galaxies? They need stuff like that.

The land I like. But I'm very disappointed with Smugglers Run. Basically an enhanced version of Star Tours with some flashy buttons that you get to push.

IMO they could do a lot to add to the immersion. Like have remote controlled droids running around, or maybe droids as garbage cans. Aliens walking around would be really cool. We saw two storm troopers but that was it. Darth Vader and Chewbacca were showing up on the app over in Tomorrowland... why not in Galaxies Edge? Are there any street shows like they put on outside Guardians of the Galaxies? They need stuff like that.
There will be droids roaming around later on from what they said a while back, just not at the beginning to see how things are going to flow in the land. Also, Chewie and Rey and Kylo roam freely around the land instead of doing stationary meet and greets. They also have a few shows they do if you watch some of the numerous videos people have posted.

Darth Vader is dead in terms of the storyline of Batuu. That's why he's not in the land.

There will be droids roaming around later on from what they said a while back, just not at the beginning to see how things are going to flow in the land. Also, Chewie and Rey and Kylo roam freely around the land instead of doing stationary meet and greets. They also have a few shows they do if you watch some of the numerous videos people have posted.

I love, love, love that they have the characters doing this. I loved the SW stuff they did at Hollywood Studios when we visited last year.

The land I like. But I'm very disappointed with Smugglers Run. Basically an enhanced version of Star Tours with some flashy buttons that you get to push.
Other than being inside a simulator, I find it nothing like Star Tours...

I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. It appears similar to a larger version of Adventureland to me, but with less to do except shop. Lots more shops. Has me thinking that future lands by Disney will be mostly atmosphere and shops and less rides. Considering there are less rides in Disneyland than there were 20 years ago, I would have hoped they thought about that and added some, but the shops will make them more money. There isn't a lot going on there. No shade except in the shops and if the sun gets low. ugh.
Also not all Star Wars is old and dirty. Weren't there supposed to be droids moving around with everyone? Right now I just see rocks and concrete. with one ride you need to walk farther than you did to get to Splash Mountain, ugh

Larger version of Adventureland? I don't get it.

Old and Dirty? I never felt "dirty", just some of it looked more lived in and battle-worn. Combined with the First Order and Resistance conflict, it would make sense.

Have you seen it in person yet? To me, there is a lot to be entertained by. The stormtroopers, Rey, Chewbacca, etc.. Plus there will be another Ride soon. *shrug*. To each his own, I guess. To me, the whole land is the experience. I don't feel transported like this in any of the other sections of Disneyland.

Honest question: What did you think it would be? I think it was pretty accurately described from the beginning.

I'm not saying it was misrepresented by Disney. I'm just saying it's not a great attraction. I was rather bored by it.

I think that’s the same as anything really, if you aren’t a Star Wars fan then yes you aren’t going to ‘understand’ it. I’m the same with Marvel, I’m not bothered about the whole new area in DCA or when I visit Universal Orlando in the Spider-Man ride for instance.

Doesn’t mean others aren’t fans and can appreciate it.
Exactly this. I hate the Cars movies. They're dumb and pointless, imo, but when you walk into that land it is just something else. The theming there is amazing, and I'm really happy they decided to do what they did despite my dislike for the film franchise. I'm really happy they created a new land for SW:GE instead of putting a place we all know about into the park. It's still a well-known and beloved movie franchise, but it looks like something you'd see coming straight out of the movies. I absolutely cannot wait to see it in person because I don't think the videos on YouTube do it justice, especially at night time.

Darth Vader is dead in terms of the storyline of Batuu. That's why he's not in the land.
I don’t know what Batuu is I just figured it was a spaceport like Mos Eisley or whatever. But I haven’t really cared about Star Wars since the original trilogy since it’s all been crap since Phantom Menace.

I don’t know what Batuu is I just figured it was a spaceport like Mos Eisley or whatever. But I haven’t really cared about Star Wars since the original trilogy since it’s all been crap since Phantom Menace.
Galaxy's Edge is set after The Last Jedi, so several, several years after Darth Vader's death and the destruction of the second Deathstar.

Exactly this. I hate the Cars movies. They're dumb and pointless, imo, but when you walk into that land it is just something else. The theming there is amazing, and I'm really happy they decided to do what they did despite my dislike for the film franchise...
lol! This reminds me very much of some friends who love CL (or "Route 66" as they call it). They don't know the movies or any of the characters (or the "cartoon cars"), but they love that land. And why? Because of the landscaping! Where they come from, cacti and desert landscaping are very exotic, so they just love getting snacks and drinks and soaking up the sunshine while admiring all the landscaping. :) Don't care one bit about Radiator Springs or the characters -- and they enjoy the rides, but could skip them and still be happy. But "Route 66" is a must visit every trip for them. They've learned to love CL their way. And I think SWGE could become like this for a number of guests who aren't into SW. The new land is so well done and so immersive, that everyone can find something that speaks to them -- even if you don't know anything about SW!

Never been to DL, so the comments about Cars Land intriques me. I didnt even watch any of the Cars movies. If I get the same feeling of immersion, like I do in Diagon Alley, Disney will have done it's job. I don't even go on any of the rides there. Just walking around and going in the well themed shops, puts me right in the movie, especially at night. I have watched almost all of the Star Wars movies, but lost interest in the later ones. Still, I am really looking forward to seeing the land. As I posted in another thread, Disney is still a theme park, and expecting the level of immersion some folks feel should be amped up, is not what I expect. Could they make it more interactive, hire really good actors and make it way more authentic, sure, but like I said, it is a theme park and they aren't going to spend the money to make it the best experience anyone's ever had. I'm sure a great deal of planning went into it, but spending more than they may be taking in, just isn't realistic. I'm not even sure what it might cost to blow people's minds, but I'm certain $'s play into all of their decisions. Still...I can't wait to see it.

With regards to CL, I hated the first Cars movie when I tried to watch it. Couldn't get into it in the least. Then in 2012 when we went to DL (didn't even know about Carsland opening or the DIS boards at that time) and I simply fell in love with the area. It is so well themed and immersive I couldn't get enough. I love going there every trip, I love being there in the day time, the night time, whenever. It's just a wonderful little area. After being in the land, I re-watched the movie and enjoyed it greatly; the land encouraged me to watch the movies as to relive the memory of being there again. I think we could see the same with SWGE, if it is well themed and entertaining, it will draw people in. I cannot wait to see it myself in August. (along with CL :D)

I was worried about this. I think the other ride is supposed to be the premier one. Its like giving us the alien swirling saucers without the slinky dog lol

I was worried about this. I think the other ride is supposed to be the premier one. Its like giving us the alien swirling saucers without the slinky dog lol
Nah, its more like giving us Midway Mania without Slinky Dog.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts