Anyone doing DCL w/o kids?

lynetteSC

Have you ever been BACK-DOORED?
We are cruising for the 2nd time on DCL without kids...we only have two of the furry kind of kids... in September. Anyone else like to cruise DCL as adults only? We have been on other cruiselines, but nothing compares!

DH and I did DCL a couple of years ago. We've been on a few cruises, and found the Magic to have larger staterooms than other lines and the best entertainment anywhere! The food is wonderful too! (Chocolate souffle at Palo's - YUM! :p )

We're tempted to go again, now that they have 7 day cruises, but the other cruise lines just have far better offers. So, we'll probably wait until we have kids to cruise DCL again.

I haven't, but I <b>want</b> to! My problem is my dh. He's severely Disney impaired <b>and</b> he refuses to be on a ship from which he cannot see land. Sort of limits the cruises I can take :(

Katholyn

Kath,

Sounds like an Illuminations cruise is about the most you can hope for at this point.

There is some "very early" talk about getting a Adult/Solo group together for a cruise next year sometime. Maybe you could join in on that. I'm certainly considering it.

I cruised DCL with kids last August, and then again without kids last September. I'm cruising DCL again this November - this cruise will also be without kids!

I actually prefer Holland America Line over DCL, but due to some great deals for dvc members using points I'll be taking my 2nd Fall 7 day cruise with a girlfriend. I decided to not do that cruise with a bunch of friends this summer, primarily because I liked not being surrounded by kids (by staying in the adults only areas as much as possible) and they all have young kids. My 14 yr old son also prefers HAL, and when I asked him why, he said there were too many kids on the Wonder! At some point I may take him on the 7 day if I need to use up some dvc points - I hope to do a 10-day HAL cruise with him November 2002, so we might do DCL during his spring break that year. Other than that time, I expect any other DCL cruises I take will be adults only.

If I had a child who was young, DCL would be my first choice for a cruise, but since mine is so old I prefer to skip the pleasure of other peoples' kids <g>.

Hi,

I have been twice (once on the Magic and the Wonder), and my husband and I don't have kids. We really enjoy the DCL 's ships because the adults have areas seperated from the kids. We love going to Disney, but the cruise is more enjoyable for us as it's a much more private vacation. Don't get me wrong the kids are still there and you can be with them, but their are so many areas on the ship and island that you don't have to be. For instance, the adults have their own pool and pool area (and unlike the way Disney usually is...they are very strict about not letting even the pre-teens into the area!) The adults have a full-service spa to go to, a night club area with a quiet conversational bar that's open all day, and on the island they have their own private beach and bar area! I will admit that I still think DCL needs to work on improving the adult nightlife, but it's getting there. This year's clubs were hoppin more and open later than the last time I went! <BG> Besides, you can not beat the staterooms on the ship they are big and beautiful and you still get to feel like your surrounded by Disney Magic!

Hope this helps...Mmketeer

We took our first DCL without the kids in April. Loved it. I wrote a trip report on the cruise line forum. It was, "Mom and Dad run away on the Magic". We promised our kids, ages 2 and 4 that they would come next time but we had so much fun I almost feel guilty saying I'd like to go back again, solo, especially with the new Western Carribean itinerary. If the prices come down we may take them on the 3 or 4 day cruise in January.

I say, "Go for It!". Hey, Inkognito and her husband have been on 17 Disney cruises with trips 18-22 booked and they have no kids. Check out their site at disneycruiser.com for more info.

This is probably going to sound bad, but I was reading this and I started thinking "I wonder if those ships are packed with strollers"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!