Anyone done dip nail manicure themselves?

Myothername

DIS Veteran
I'm not that much of a girly girl but I do like to have nice nails. But I am super hard on my nails and they are weak and tend to split and peel so I have just gone without polish most of the time. 2 of my best friends are doing the dip nails and they looked so pretty I decided to give it a try. I love it. It has been 2 weeks and the polish still looks new. But my nails grow fast and it looks like I can only go another week without getting them done again.

So I'm thinking I can do this myself. I've looked online and it doesn't look that hard. I was pretty good at painting my nails with regular polish. Anyone else done their own?

I agree dip nail manicures are the best. I can get away 3-3 1/2 weeks in-between manicures and my hands are constantly in water.
It is more expensive, but since it lasts almost a month I feel like it works for me.
I had no idea they sold at home kits, I don't know if I could do it myself though, I'm not good at polishing with my left hand.
I'm curious if it the home kits last the same amount of time.

Good Luck!

I would think it lasts as long. It looks like it’s the same stuff. I think the trick is getting it on smooth and not on the cuticle. It peels if you do.

I'm not sure what a "dip nail" is - but I do the gel manicures and they are GREAT! I go every 2 weeks, although I could probably stretch it to 3 weeks if I wanted to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!