Anyone done the day camps?

AtlantaDisneyDreamer

DIS Veteran
Thinking of doing Sea World day camps for my first and sixth graders. We are Georgia residents, so we would just stay in a hotel and drop them off daily for the week.

We’ve done all the Orlando parks multiple times and the kids are getting tired of them; they seem interested in doing something new. I always dreamed of Sea World camp as a child, but now I can live vicariously through them.

Can you tell me about the camps?

I don't have any experience with the day camps, but the Orlando overnight camps are incredible: Kids from all over the country and usually from the UK too, all who love marine mammals so they have lots in common and become great friends, all the fun of the parks, all the special experience that would cost a fortune to do individually, working with staff to prepare food for the animals, getting to talk to the trainers, and overnight at Wild Artic and an overnight in the underwater dolphin area -- the dolphins love the kids and come sleep by the window by them. Too cool, too fun -- my son did the San Diego one year, the San Antonio one year, and four different years at the Orlando one, which was his absolute favorite. He is 22 now and is still in contact with some of the kids from camp. Met up with one of them in NYC when we were out there; had one visit us for a week one summer too.

The staff are wonderful. The kids are well supervised and treated with the upmost respect. The only downside is that the camp is so great you'll want to let your kids go back again year after year and that could be a budget hit if you were thinking a one time experience lol.

I don't have any experience with the day camps, but the Orlando overnight camps are incredible: Kids from all over the country and usually from the UK too, all who love marine mammals so they have lots in common and become great friends, all the fun of the parks, all the special experience that would cost a fortune to do individually, working with staff to prepare food for the animals, getting to talk to the trainers, and overnight at Wild Artic and an overnight in the underwater dolphin area -- the dolphins love the kids and come sleep by the window by them. Too cool, too fun -- my son did the San Diego one year, the San Antonio one year, and four different years at the Orlando one, which was his absolute favorite. He is 22 now and is still in contact with some of the kids from camp. Met up with one of them in NYC when we were out there; had one visit us for a week one summer too.

The staff are wonderful. The kids are well supervised and treated with the upmost respect. The only downside is that the camp is so great you'll want to let your kids go back again year after year and that could be a budget hit if you were thinking a one time experience lol.
Wow. That sounds awesome. I can’t seem to find anything about overnight camps at the Orlando SeaWorld. That’s the one I remember reading about as a kid, also. It sounds like a fantastic experience, but it doesn’t look like Orlando does resident camps now. I do see those in San Antonio. Maybe I’m just missing something.

What I really would love to see is an Orlando resident camp for adults. I’d be so in for that.

Wow. That sounds awesome. I can’t seem to find anything about overnight camps at the Orlando SeaWorld. That’s the one I remember reading about as a kid, also. It sounds like a fantastic experience, but it doesn’t look like Orlando does resident camps now. I do see those in San Antonio. Maybe I’m just missing something.

What I really would love to see is an Orlando resident camp for adults. I’d be so in for that.

I see what you mean. I just took a look at the website and it appears that they are only showing day camps for Orlando now. Maybe call the education department:
407-545-5550 -- option 5 just to make sure. They are super friendly and could make sure you know all the options.

San Antonio used to have get-a-way camps for adults over 25 various long weekends, but I don't see those either now.

Anyway based on how good the overnight camps were I am sure the day camps in Orlando would be fantastic. It looks like they have some family sleep over experiences, but not in Orlando.

What Orlando doesn't have are dorms. It used to be that night one and five were at the park, and days 2-3-4 were overnight at the Marriott Residence Inn with counselors.

I see what you mean. I just took a look at the website and it appears that they are only showing day camps for Orlando now. Maybe call the education department:
407-545-5550 -- option 5 just to make sure. They are super friendly and could make sure you know all the options.

San Antonio used to have get-a-way camps for adults over 25 various long weekends, but I don't see those either now.

Anyway based on how good the overnight camps were I am sure the day camps in Orlando would be fantastic. It looks like they have some family sleep over experiences, but not in Orlando.

What Orlando doesn't have are dorms. It used to be that night one and five were at the park, and days 2-3-4 were overnight at the Marriott Residence Inn with counselors.
I wonder why they stopped offering them. Would be great if the resident camps would come back.

I’d love to spend the night in the park. What fun! I see the $98 a night sleepover, but with a minimum of 20, that’s a pretty expensive party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!