Anyone done the Disney Studio (Burbank) Platinum Tour?

Zooey

Mouseketeer
im hoping to do the platinum tour with my DMR points this year once they (supposedly) restock the tours. Anyone done that?
We’re looking to leave Disneyland and hopefully do the earliest tour. I was wondering how much time total that takes with travel up to Burbank.
Sorry for being a little vague, I’d just love to know what to expect! Thanks!

Which studio are you talking about? This forum is all about Disneyland. There are other forums here for other place in southern California. It seems like you aren't asking about Disneyland.

They are asking about the Disney Studios. They don't normally give tours, but one can get one by having a ton of Disney Movie Rewards points (OP, your collection must be magnificent!). I've certainly never done it, but I think it would be amazing.

OP, I'm not sure exactly how long it will take, but figure in LA traffic and I'd say one to two hours. Give yourself plenty of time.

I haven't done a Platinum Tour, but I have done a Disney Studio tour with D23. There is a lot of walking involved, so if there are mobility issues for any group members, make sure to alert the tour guides ahead of time. Not all buildings have elevators, if I remember correctly, and sometimes wheelchairs have to be routed a different way from the rest of the group. There isn't a lot of shade on the lot, so wear sunscreen and bring a hat, especially if the weather is warm on the day of your tour. Wear very comfortable, sturdy shoes. Your tour will depend on what is being filmed on the lot that day -- some tours cover certain things that other tours can't show because of filming, so don't be surprised if a description you read on a blog doesn't match up exactly to what you experience. All tours are fun!

Last edited:
I haven't done a Platinum Tour, but I have done a Disney Studio tour with D23. There is a lot of walking involved, so if there are mobility issues for any group members, make sure to alert the tour guides ahead of time. Not all buildings have elevators, if I remember correctly, and sometimes wheelchairs have to be routed a different way from the rest of the group. There isn't a lot of shade on the lot, so wear sunscreen and bring a hat, especially if the weather is warm on the day of your tour. Wear very comfortable, sturdy shoes. Your tour will depend on what is being filmed on the lot that day -- some tours cover certain things that other tours can't show because of filming, so don't be surprised if a description you read on a blog doesn't match up exactly to what you experience. All tours are fun!
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been wondering about them disappearing from the DMR site (and having a bit of a panic attack!). I’ve been saving for 5 years and we will be in California in May and I just want to do the silver tour which I have just about enough points for now! Then they disappeared from the site.

So can I, a regular person, take a "platinum tour" or the "disney studiout tour with D23?" Are either of those options?

So can I, a regular person, take a "platinum tour" or the "disney studiout tour with D23?" Are either of those options?
As a "regular person," if you have saved up enough Disney Movie Reward points, then you can redeem them for a Platinum Studio Tour. If you are a D23 Gold Member or if you know a Gold Member who will invite you along, then you can try to get a spot on one of their studio tours when they are offered. Tours are offered a few times a year and spots go fast.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter