Anyone done the Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise?

rpb718

DIS Veteran
I searched a bit here but couldn't find much on this, in fact the last post in the most recent thread about it in late 2017 was asking if anyone had done this - but no one answered.

DW read today that Disney has extended this through June so I thought I'd try asking again if anyone has done this.

I read a review of it on the EasyWDW site. IMO, it sounds like a ginormous waste of cash—even worse than a dessert party or Even More Money mornings, but to each, their own.

I read a review of it on the EasyWDW site. IMO, it sounds like a ginormous waste of cash—even worse than a dessert party or Even More Money mornings, but to each, their own.

When/where did you see the EWDW review? I've searched his site both internally and using google and can't find anything. I've also tried just scrolling back through old posts for a while.

I did this back when it was Ferrytale Wishes (I think it's the same thing?) Expensive, but very nice. The cruise wasn't too crowded and the desserts and drinks were good. It felt like a special evening from the moment we arrived, and CMs were great. My only negative was that there wasn't much seating on the boat, so we had to stand the whole time, and that it was COLD when we did it (November.)

Also, they say (or did at the time) that they have dedicated special buses to take you back to your resort after it's over, but what they DIDN'T say was that each bus serves like FIVE resorts so it took us forever to get back to Pop!

Last edited:
I did the Ferrytale Fireworks Cruise.

First up - I was solo. When checking in, everyone got a light up glass, a card with a pin and a glow necklace.

I had a good time when I shared a table with a large group when I had my first desserts. They were having alot of fun and didn't mind me joining their table to eat. The food was ok but nothing exciting.

I didn't have such good luck when I went for a second plate of desserts. I was actually told no I couldn't share a table with 3 different groups when I asked. It was strange. I guess they didn't understand how cocktail parties work. I ended up actually just waiting until a table emptied before being able to eat the 2nd plate since I had champagne and a plate that I was juggling.

I didn't care for the drink except for the champagne which was delicious. Unfortunately Disney ran out of champagne through the cruise. So I ended up drinking bottled water for the last hour of the cruise.

Then during the actual fireworks the sound wasn't working. An announcement was made halfway through that there was a problem with the sound system.

During the cruise a photopass photographer was walking around asking a few people if they wanted their picture taken. He wasn't stopping everyone just some folks. So I guess if you wanted your picture taken you had to ask.

Then at the end everyone was given a mickey ice cream bar when they left the boat and if you wanted, you could get a Mickey Balloon to make up for no sound during the fireworks. I turned it down since I was getting on the monorail to go to Epcot for evening EMH.

The main reason I did it was to see the fireworks from the Lagoon and it wasn't that great without the sound. Add in the food was just ok and the fact that they ran out of champagne and the other drink was horrible, well I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

I hope it’s OK to post a link

FYI, the way to find out if an external link is OK is to put the URL in, then click More Options and to preview the post. If it comes through, then it's fine. If it looks like this: xxxxxxxxx.com then it's not. don't post it. :)

I’m still pretty stressed, but it was really bad that particular Saturday.

I"m really sorry you're so stressed. Different reasons, but I am, too, and I'm really sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!