Anyone downgrading your resort preferences because of higher rates?

We are downgrading, for cost.

always stayed at the POLY but I just cannot justify it now.

We are going to try POR this trip. We have older kids, who can walk......need to walk.

and the 5th bed means our teens do not have to share a bed.

Its a great time to try out CBR -- being the HUB for the Skyliner - and with the new lobby and food court -- and its beautiful there -- "Poly - esque" - yes the rooms are smaller - but its much quieter there than the deluxes - and with the direct Skyliner to both HS and Epcot - we stayed there for a week and November and were NOT disappointed!
Yes CBR is where we are staying. When the discount came out I tried for a standard room. They went fast and ended up getting pool water view for 263.70 including tax. Still kind of high but better than paying over 300.00 a night. I couldn’t believe how fast the rooms booked up. By noon that day the only thing left was King standard and the pirate rooms.

We wanted to try Poly or Wildnerness Lodge but could not get past the price. So we book a preferred King at Coronado Springs instead for this years trip.
For our December trip, we did 3 days at Animal Kingdom Lodge, then 5 at Grand Destino Tower. Loved the Tower but went for the savings this time around.
With the prices of tickets/food/lodging at Disney, we will be looking for a different destination next year.

I was checking out AOA last night on the internet. We would have to go with the Little Mermaid room too. After looking at the map my concern is how far away it looks to the food and buses. Do they only have 1 bus stop?
You should look into Pop. LM rooms are a far walk to everything. Pop rooms are renovated and more centrally located to amenities.
Also, in case it matters to you, the beds in the LM rooms are doubles, not queens as they are over at Pop.
FWIW All Star Movies is also queens now, is cheaper than Pop or LM, and now that they obliterated AoA and Pop’ food courts, has no real drawbacks Vs the other values other than the lack of the skyliner (if Anyone tells you the buses are a problem at the All Stars, they haven't stayed in the last 2-3 years).

FWIW All Star Movies is also queens now, is cheaper than Pop or LM, and now that they obliterated AoA and Pop’ food courts, has no real drawbacks Vs the other values other than the lack of the skyliner (if Anyone tells you the buses are a problem at the All Stars, they haven't stayed in the last 2-3 years).
I really like the AllStars. I thought the buses were great even 9 or 10 years ago. And Movies is my favourite of the 3, but overall, I prefer the theming/vibe/energy of Pop and the ease of visiting AofA. I think Hourglass Lake really contributes to my love for Pop as well. So I’m more likely to pay the extra money to stay at Pop over the AllStars.

What happened to POP's and AoA's food courts?

We have decided to skip WDW for last year and will skip it this year also (always go in August). In August, 2018, we stayed 9 nights (5 nights GF and 4 nights YC), with tickets for 4 of us for under $4K. This summer it will be $6K for 8 nights at CR and BW. I refuse to spend over $2K more when the hotels are not even as nice as we had and 1 less night. We are doing Discovery Cove, SeaWorld and Aquatica. Not paying the high prices for a lot less. Will miss Disney but might go back in a few years. Will wait and see. They have gotten too expensive.

Definitely considering a downgrade. The same 5 night trip at the exact same resort (YC), same room type, same ticket type is twice as much as 3 years ago despite the 25% room discount. And that’s not even including that we now have to pay for parking despite $440 a night for a room. Right now, I have a room and tix booked “just in case” and we are waiting to see if any agency exclusives pop up to reduced the price or if we want to downgrade to POR/FQ, S&D, or just make a trip to Yellowstone or Vancouver or somewhere instead.

Last edited:
We have decided to skip WDW for last year and will skip it this year also (always go in August). In August, 2018, we stayed 9 nights (5 nights GF and 4 nights YC), with tickets for 4 of us for under $4K. This summer it will be $6K for 8 nights at CR and BW. I refuse to spend over $2K more when the hotels are not even as nice as we had and 1 less night. We are doing Discovery Cove, SeaWorld and Aquatica. Not paying the high prices for a lot less. Will miss Disney but might go back in a few years. Will wait and see. They have gotten too expensive.

Try Universal. No ADR's, no FP+'s and if you stay in one of the top 3 hotels you get the Express Pass to cut the lines at the rides. Very relaxing trip.

Not returning until 2022. If Swan and Dolphin are too high we will stay offsite. I can not justify what they are charging for rooms now. There would have to be insane discounts. I can only begin to imagine how much the rates go up the next 2 years...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter