Anyone eaten at Chef mickeys at convention Ctr?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
We have reservations there and wonder how it is at the new location? Also are there any definite dates that it will be completed?

Not impressed with the convention centre as a character breakfast venue. We've outgrown Chef Mickey's nowadays but always enjoyed it when we went, especially watching the monorail coming in. Glad our 10 y/o has finished with it.

I thought mid-December. We did because we missed our Ohana breakfast and this was available at the last minute. That being said it wouldn't be my first choice but the characters were still great and my DD loved it. It was weird to be in the convention room and I wish they had done a little more with the decor. We were on the dining plan but I wouldn't pay OOP for it. The character interaction was great though and really that's why you're there.

Good grief that is terrible!!!

Having seen the alternative to Chef Mickey's w/Dark Monorail Experience, I am not sure I understand any of the complaints of the original venue...

I really enjoyed it... but I certainly will love it even more when I consider that I could be eating off card tables in a convention hall room... hahaha

We have reservations for the 17th so I’m hoping it’s back to the normal location by then!

Any updates on the refurbishment at Chef Mickeys? Also wondering how different brunch is from breakfast?

Any updates on the refurbishment at Chef Mickeys? Also wondering how different brunch is from breakfast?
It’s back in the normal place we ate there late December. Food was fine characters were really good with our kids, service was truly awful. I actually waited behind to share with a manager just how sarcastic and rude our waiter was. I honestly felt sorry for him, I can’t think of a worse fit for this waiter than at a children’s buffet so, I felt bad for him (and us at the price point) that he was our waiter. Manager was indifferent, which generally explains the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!