• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone eaten at Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner?

sotoalf

DIS Veteran
Since it recently started serving dinner again a few weeks ago, I was anxious to hear some reviews. It was always a favorite restaurant for a no-fuss meal, with great service.

hi:wave:
i'd love to hear from anyone who has eaten here as well::yes::

eve::MinnieMo

My wife and I ate there for dinner on Thanksgiving and had a terrible time. Stick with the Park Fare Buffet for dinner there or of course their fancier places if that's your thing. We were not impressed with the service or food quality at all. Maybe it's nice for breakfast but I'd pass on it for dinner. There are so many wonderful places to eat!

Originally posted by ItsMagic99
My wife and I ate there for dinner on Thanksgiving and had a terrible time. Stick with the Park Fare Buffet for dinner there or of course their fancier places if that's your thing. We were not impressed with the service or food quality at all. Maybe it's nice for breakfast but I'd pass on it for dinner. There are so many wonderful places to eat!

Until three weeks ago the GF Cafe was not open for dinner - except for holidays and special occasions like weddings. I wouldn't doubt the food was crappy on either occasion.

However, we lunched there a couple of months ago and it was quite pleasant, although nothing spectacular.

I believe this restaurant has undergone some changes since our last meal there, but when we had dinner there in 1999, it was wonderful. DH and I both agreed that it was the best we'd had that trip. We came in shortly before closing and by the time our drinks came, we were the only ones in the restaurant. We both had French Onion soup and the Filet Mignon. It was wonderful and no one rushed us through the meal. Since they had stopped serving dinner shortly after that, we haven't been there since. I hope that its as good now as it was then. :D

I ate there last Friday, April 30. Food was very good. I had the NY Strip which was excellent and my mom had the Prime Rib, which was good, but not as good as the NY Strip. We also had French Onion Soup and was VERY good.

Service was fine, we were there around 5:30 - 6:00 and were seated without a PS. As the time went on the place started to fill up. They are only using about half of the restaurant, but I am sure if it becomes more popular they may open it up.

We did not partake in the desserts, but they looked DIVINE! The table next to us got the fondue for 2. It really looked yummy.

I would not hesitate to go there again and would recommend it.

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter