Anyone else buying before they increase the blue card minimum?

This may seem like a real newbie question but if you own DVC, is the minimum to add on still 100 (125 on 10/19)?
Or do you have to own direct to add on a smaller amount?

They can, but they still need to have the 2020 UY points in stock with whatever UY they do have,

For example, say they only have Feb to Aug UYs in stock. If those have 2020 UY points with them, it’s easy for them to change it,

However, if all those contracts are stripped of 2020 UY points, then Changing the UY doesn’t matter because they can’t create a new set of points that are not there any longer,

What they will not do is sell you a Sept UY if they can not give you 2020 UY points because they have to sell with current UY points, which would be the UY for September, All you can do is Call when you are ready and see if they have them to sell you without a waitlist.
Thank you for the information, greatly appreciate it! :)

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the physical blue card? We closed early september and we still haven't gotten anything.
You need to request one, but I would ask for one, as I have had places tell me they could not accept the blue digital card (of course this was last summer and it was more so due to CM naivety and inexperience and confusion over white card/blue card where white card holders do not get a physical card.

This may seem like a real newbie question but if you own DVC, is the minimum to add on still 100 (125 on 10/19)?
Or do you have to own direct to add on a smaller amount?
It depends on the resort, but except for CCV and RIV, it's 25 paying "cash" (including credit card), and 50 if financing. CCV and RIV are 50 regardless of how you are paying.

I just thought we would have received something when we closed our direct contract. We have received nothing.

I used my Disney Visa and my first payment was in Sept and my second at the beginning of Oct. I got the blue card in the mail without requesting it.

You have to request it.

I just recently bought my first contract direct (new to DVC also), and we got our blue cards mailed to us about 3 weeks after closing. We did not request it. It came with a nice certificate on card stock with gold lettering welcoming us home to DVC.

Is closing after the final payment has been made? We haven’t received our cards but aren’t scheduled to do the final payment for a few weeks.

I'm actually surprised they are still sending them. The digital card is a more accurate representation of your membership status and with everything going digital currently, it seems like it would be the right time to transition this as well.
also easier to fake/photoshop

Is closing after the final payment has been made? We haven’t received our cards but aren’t scheduled to do the final payment for a few weeks.

yes. using our disney visa, we spaced out in a few payments over a month. closing was right after last payment. Blue cards came shortly after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter