Anyone else collect Disney-themed autographs?

I've got Rush... always great about signing autographs. Have him on pictures for Pirates of the Caribbean and a Finding Nemo. Will need to get Menzel (though I've got Chenoweth, so it'll be nice to get the Wicked duo).

After our intimate experience during the show (he lay across our laps after...umm...becoming VERY well acquainted with my mother!) he certainly owed us an autograph! :D The show was A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum for anyone who knows it.

I didn't go to Chenoweth's concert out here (we had both witches in the country at the same time last year) but heard she didn't stop for autographs anyway. Idina was fantastic and signed for everyone in a very large crowd.

This weekend, I received a nice reply from David Frankham, voice of Mr. Tibbs in 101 Dalmatians. Along with my two photos, Mr. Frankham also sent along two of his own photos and wrote a short note addressing something I mentioned in my letter to him:

Would it be possible to post the addresses here so I could try to send them some request too ?

:grouphug:

I have to ask again, because I really would like to write something to all those people too.

Where do you get all these names/addresses ?

:confused3

I get the addresses in a couple of ways. First, I'm a member of a general autograph collectors' website and there are tons of addresses on there that I've been successful with. The pictures I've started posting here are only a small sampling of the literally hundreds of Disney-related autographs, which is only one portion of my collection.

The other way is to check online for the addresses. I've been lucky to find people online without using the paid autograph site. So those are readily available with a little poking around.

I realize it's rather random and the field is quite wide, but if anyone has a certain character they'd like to see a signed picture of, let me know and I can see if I have an autograph to post here. I don't have Walt, but I do have his daughter who recently passed. My collection is fairly varied, althoug I don't have many of the older now-deceased people (missed so many of the classic voices from the older Disney films!).

I get the addresses in a couple of ways. First, I'm a member of a general autograph collectors' website and there are tons of addresses on there that I've been successful with. The pictures I've started posting here are only a small sampling of the literally hundreds of Disney-related autographs, which is only one portion of my collection.

The other way is to check online for the addresses. I've been lucky to find people online without using the paid autograph site. So those are readily available with a little poking around.

Which website do you mean ?

Link ?

:thumbsup2

I'm a member of startiger.com, which is an awesome site for information. There are plenty of free sites out there, like fanmail.biz but it hasn't been as reliable. Plus, for some of the lesser-known names out there, nothing wrong with doing a little research and finding mailing addresses the old fashion way :thumbs:

Perfect timing, with the re-release of The Jungle Book on DVD... Leo DeLyon signed this photo of "Flunky".

Along with my voice actor collection, I also started a collection of signatures based on attractions. Here is one I received yesterday from Anjelica Huston, who kindly signed my Captain EO photo.

Hi,

I have about 1250 individual Disney voice autographs. I try to complete all major and minor character voices from each feature film. My earliest complete film is of Pinocchio. I have most of Snow White but am missing 2 of the dwarfs. The toughest autographs for me to find have been those of children who have voiced characters.

I use reputable dealers who are UACC members to buy autographs of deceased "voices." For those living "voices" I use IMDBPro. Contact information is there for the persons agency and management team in many instances.

The least complete films I have are Dumbo and 101 Dalmations - lots of minor characters. I am sending out a batch of 30 autograph requests today. Wish me luck.

Ron

PS It has taken me 8 years to find the 1250 autographs.:santa:

Awesome story, Ron! Thanks for sharing. One thing I haven't started yet was purchasing autographs, though I fully realize it's the only way I would be able to get a ton of the people that I would love to include in my collection. Actually, that's a lie. I did purchase two autographs of Geraldine Page so that I could frame them with Medusa photos (my favorite villain). Otherwise, I've never counted my photos yet, and I do not have any full sets, so I definitely envy you.

I didn't join IMDB Pro, but I use other sites to help track down people. Sometimes it has been odd sites that have led me to names and addresses. I'm still working on my Legends collection, but I'm also (slowly) making my way through the living actors to build up each movie!

A few new additions to my collection include a signed "Jane Banks" photo and Disney Legends certificate from Karen Dotrice. Rob Paulsen signed a "Toodles" photo for me.

I am going to try and start posting more photos to share my collection with everyone!

that's great - i would love to see more of your photos!

A few new additions to my collection include a signed "Jane Banks" photo and Disney Legends certificate from Karen Dotrice. Rob Paulsen signed a "Toodles" photo for me.

I am going to try and start posting more photos to share my collection with everyone!

Thanks! And with 14,000+ views of this thread, I guess others do, too. So let me start posting again.

With the passing of Diane Disney Miller a few months back, here are two photos I received from her last year:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts