Anyone Else Driving Down This Week?

famsen

DIS Veteran
I had a major panic attack about flying this morning. We are supposed to fly out of Chicago Tuesday morning and I have not been able to shake my phobia. I think it has a lot to do with me never have flown this time of year in the middle of winter but nothing is helping; not pills, not relaxation techniques, not picturing myself happy at Disney. Decision was made this morning that we are renting an SUV and driving. I know all the facts about flying being statistically safer than driving. We have made the drive from Chicago to Disney at least 20 times so we know the route well. We made all the necessary provisions with salt, ice scrapers, blankets, water, etc in the vehicle. We are meeting my daughter and son in law down there and all the dining reservations are in my name. I can't let them down. Question is; is there anyone else making a long distance drive down to Disney this week? I don't want to feel I am alone in this.

The other part of my question is; will it matter what time we check in to our resort? It is a room only reservation and I called in payment in full. Even if worst case scenario is that we arrive late into the night Tuesday/Wednesday morning, we won't lose our room, correct?

If you do online check-in, once you get your room # text, it’s yours.

As long as the hotel's computer hasn't switched over to Wednesday (which I think happens at 6:00 am), you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter