Anyone else following TheBuckelistFamily's Disney adventure?

Moana of Motunui

Mouseketeer
TheBucketListFamily use google to find their pages is living at Disney for 30 days. They stay at a different resort each day.
Go see their adventure!

I'm not

I just can't get excited about a wealthy family getting a free(sponsored???)vacation.

Now, if this were your average, middle class family(perhaps a teacher spending one month during the summer there)doing this, I would happily follow their adventures.

I agree completely, and this is why I'm not following along. I feel like Disney's social media team missed the mark with this one.

We booked a last minute long weekend trip with our DVC points and couldn't get 3 nights in the same place so did 3 different resorts. It was a PITA packing up every day then waiting until late afternoon for your new room to be ready.

Never heard of them, and I don't follow people in any thing they do. I don't mind reading trip reports. If they can do those things good for them.

TheBucketListFamily use google to find their pages is living at Disney for 30 days. They stay at a different resort each day.
Go see their adventure!
Are there really 30 different places to stay at Disney? I guess I never really thought about that before. ( we always stay at the same 4 resorts)

I understood that they stay at places, take airlines etc all over the world. They themselves make short video/ movies about these places. For instance Animal Kingdom Lodge. In return, they stay for free.

To me, it's really no different than Disney paying to shoot a commercial. Disney gets advertising from a young, real family ( not actors in a commercial) who is experiencing it ( family has TONS of social media followers btw) and the family gets to stay for free.

It's win/win. I'd rather see this than commercials that are fake.

I've heard about this but I'm not terribly interested. Packing up for 30 different resort rooms sounds like zero fun, even if someone does it for you. I love WDW and I'm very aware of what they have to offer among the resorts. Please tell me if I'm missing something here. :)

I just watched part one and will continue watching. AS someone who hasn't been there yet it is fun seeing little bits of the resorts. Wished could see a bit more. I woudn't want to stay at every resort at once but it is a fun intro.

I could't care less about their income level and that it was sponsered. They seem laidback, not pretentious and the kids are adorable.

Sad that the 30 days are up. I really enjoyed seeing all the places to stay and learning more about them. I really enjoyed their special announcement! It was all very tastefully done.

I was also happy to hear that they donated the daily luggage and toys.

I watched them on Instagram stories. It seemed like they had someone following them around and filming a lot. I wish the dad would do something with his hair other than tie a bandanna around it everyday.

Okay, I'm about to ask an offensive question about the Gees..... the kids look NOTHING like their dad. I suppose one of his parents is a blonde and that's how they got the recessive gene? I'm super curious about his ethnicity, I can't quite peg it. Part Native maybe?

I watched them on Instagram stories. It seemed like they had someone following them around and filming a lot. I wish the dad would do something with his hair other than tie a bandanna around it everyday.

Okay, I'm about to ask an offensive question about the Gees..... the kids look NOTHING like their dad. I suppose one of his parents is a blonde and that's how they got the recessive gene? I'm super curious about his ethnicity, I can't quite peg it. Part Native maybe?
Complexions can vary quite a bit among family members, particularly in families that have a wide variety of ethnicities in their lineage. Google "twins of different color" for interesting examples of this.

According to the interwebs, dad is Filipino-American.

LOL. Genetics are crazy. I have blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. Neither of my parents have a similar complexion, nor do either of their parents. They both have brown hair, brown eyes, and darker skin. My sisters resemble my parents. My own sister's son looks a lot like me, actually...blonde hair, blue eyes, super pale...his mom and dad are dark hair and eyes, dark skin, etc. My own kids look nothing like either me or my husband, but they look a lot alike. My husband has black hair and dark brown eyes, and very dark olive skin. My kids have brown hair, one has blue eyes, one has green eyes. Their skin is in between mine and my husband's.

I think the little boy has some of the dad's features. The little girl looks more like the mom.

I followed along on instagram and thought the idea was very cool and really well done. The kids are adorable and the family seems very sweet.

They did announce they would be having a third child and I can't imagine continuing that lifestyle full-time with three small children, but I'm so impressed that they even did it at all! Traveling with young children is exhausting no matter how much money you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!