• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else for free dining?

123SA

DIS Veteran
We booked the bounceback offer last Sept -- so we have free dining 9/17-9/29. Glad I didn't have to call today to get it! Anyone else taking advantage of the offer?

I wish but I don't think I can pull the kids out of school. DH and I are looking at tacking it on to the end of SDV if he is willing to fly alone with my angels. :rotfl2:

We would have to do a split reservation and then only get it "free" for four days. We would have to buy one day park tickets and lose the discount on our room and that ends up costing more than we would save. We aren't doing the dining plan at all. I still have ADRs for the Table Service we want, but they are mostly lunches & buffets.

And why is okay for Moms to fly alone with their children, but Dad's can't do it?

because we have super powers and they don't.

AMEN!!!!! :)

Same reason they can't grocery shop w/ kids climbing in/out; on/off the buggy.. or toss this, that, the other in..and why mom's have radar that swopes in and toss out those items that "appeared" in the buggy while we were looking for the soup!

and don't forget the eyes in the back of our heads, that's why I have long hair. So my second eyeballs aren't discovered.
And we can multi-task. DH can't do laundry and something else at the same time.

and don't forget the eyes in the back of our heads, that's why I have long hair. So my second eyeballs aren't discovered.
And we can multi-task. DH can't do laundry and something else at the same time.

Yep, I have my kids convinced that DD will get her second set of eyes when she has kids!:rotfl2:

Also, we know that when it is QUIET in the house.. that means something no good is happening in the vincity of the minors of the house!!!
Oh, and we know everything in town the kids have done..before they get home!:thumbsup2

::yes::

and not just our kids too, I know what the neighbors kids have done as well. That totally messes with them!

BTW I like your new tickers! Too bad you miss the free dining.

Thanks... WE are really looking forward to this vacation.. it'll be the last one that direction for several years w/ college tuition coming about soon...

Yep, my kids hate it when I can tell them what there friends did out on the date at the movie theater.. some of it.. I'm sure I was never to find out..but the stuff I do find it..sometimes leads to some intense talks and the reminder that if they ever..they'll lose all their privileges!!!

You need to sign up for at least 1 SDV then. Even if it's not WDW, you need to get away.

No WDW trips in your future???? I guess I need a nanny then, do have references???

You need to sign up for at least 1 SDV then. Even if it's not WDW, you need to get away.

No WDW trips in your future???? I guess I need a nanny then, do have references???

I'm thinking about hitting the one they have in Indy in October.. maybe have my mom go with me... it's at the airport (20 mins from the house)...

References.. how many would you like???
Actually, the goal is to head back down the summer of DD's senior year.. DS11will be a sophomore...and little one will be in 5th grade... just about the age most of them will be done vacationing with parents.. :confused3

I know... can you believe not this summer but next summer.. is :faint: drivers ed... although DsS said that he had heard or read something about maybe moving their DL's back til their 18... we have to research that because DH and I hadn't heard about it.. I just think he doesn't want to have to worry about his sister on the road! (nor do I!)

they are talking about the same thing here. To many fatalities lately. It's sad but I don't think pushing the age back will do any good, you are just as inexperienced at 16 as you are if they move it to 18.

Besides if I had gotten my DL at 18 I would have been in college a year already. I graduated HS at 17, my mom would have to drive me to college classes. :rotfl2:

I think we need better Drivers Ed.

What exactly is Drivers Ed? I don't get it, is it something at school?

I recently discovered my maternal super powers and am very happy with them! Staying with OH's parents when they were babysitting 8 month old nephew. Adults in living room playing Wii bowling, baby in bedroom at back of the house with baby monitor coming through to us. He'd been coughing and gurgling all night. I heard something that didn't "feel" right and both me and OH's mum leapt up simultaniously and went straight for the room. Baby had woken up and was in pain with wind. Blokes didn't understand what we'd heard as to them it sounded the same as every other noise he's made that night. Very wierd feeling but a great one!

Driver training, Drivers education (ED) you can get it through the school or through a private company (that's what I did). They teach you the basics of how to drive, learning signs, parking etc. I think the ones through the school have written tests and such for the signs.
They prepare you for the exam to get your license.

Congrats on the mommy radar. Men, they will never learn baby noises, it's all the same to them.

good thing for wind, hold their feet and ankles and pedal their legs like a bike. It really helps to get things moving. Belly rubs help too.

Driver training, Drivers education (ED) you can get it through the school or through a private company (that's what I did). They teach you the basics of how to drive, learning signs, parking etc. I think the ones through the school have written tests and such for the signs.
They prepare you for the exam to get your license.

Congrats on the mommy radar. Men, they will never learn baby noises, it's all the same to them.

good thing for wind, hold their feet and ankles and pedal their legs like a bike. It really helps to get things moving. Belly rubs help too.

Exactly as Buffy describes... Ours is only offered through the school during the summer.. I know the 2 teachers and they love it... I'm hoping DD will get the one I'm good friends with...

Yep, for the wind..exactly what Buffy says.. I've done that many a night for my babies long, long ago... great song to attach to it... is the "Wheels on the Bus go round and round, round and round....

Wierd, you're never taught that stuff at school here, it's all private companies or you can get someone else to teach you, thr only rule is that they have to be 21+ and have held a license at least 3 years. I'd say 95% of people use private companies and the average charge is a little over $50 an hour so it costs a fortune to learn. For me to take a driving test costs over $200 just for that day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter