Anyone Else Going on "Enchanted China"?

I'm also booked on the 9/17 Enchanted China trip. Since it will probably be the only time I am in that part of the world, I decided to take some extra time and stop at Tokyo Disneyland for a few days before the start of the trip.

That's a great plan, Kareau! You should get over a lot of the jet lag that way. My ds was hoping that we'd spend some time in Japan, but alas, we only make connections in Tokyo. He wanted to worship at Nintendo! :worship:

Hi ADBMOM

Your trip is only a few weeks away! Have you received your package from ABD? Anything different from the other trips?

Have you heard anything from ABD if the earthquake has effected the Chengdu portion of the trip?

Make sure to do a trip report when you return so that those of us going later in the year will know what we have to look forward to.

I've been trying to start a new thread, but I guess I don't have enough posts to be able to do so.

I was just contacted by ABD yesterday afternoon. We leave in 14 days for our trip. They have CANCELLED Chengdu. Although the city and the Panda breeding center are fine and the airport is open, the roads in and out of the city are a mess.

They are now keeping us in Beijing an extra 2 days to see more historical sites. They made this determination on their own.

From what I they told me, this will be in effect for the June 1 and June 16 departures. Depending on the conditions in Chengdu, this itinerary change may be in effect for subsequent departures, but they haven't made that determination yet. I assume that the May 17 departure is affected too.

I am disappointed, although I can understand the reasons. The visit to the panda breeding center was one of the main reasons I booked this tour. I'm a scientist and was very excited about seeing this site. More historical sites just don't do it for me. I'm allowing myself a few more hours to sulk.

I asked about Xian while I was on the phone with the rep. They weren't able to get enough plane seats or hotel rooms to visit Xian.

:confused3 abdmom

I'm so sorry that your trip to see the pandas is cancelled. They are my favorite animal and seeing them in their native country is one of the main reasons I'm also taking the trip also. I think that the Beijing Zoo has pandas, but the reviews of the overall zoo are not favorable.

Even with the disappointments, I'm sure that you'll still have a great time.

The rep seemed to think that seeing the pandas in the zoo would be the same. She recommended the one in Hong Kong. I've seen pandas in a couple of zoos before. I was really looking forward to hearing about hearing about the breeding program and seeing how they interact with the pandas. Still sulking.

I mean no offense here, but do you really want to visit a region that is wraught with death and destruction right now?

The people in that area have enough on their plates without a tourist group coming through.

I'm sure that AbD has something special planned, even if they had to scramble for a solution.

I hope your trip is great regardless.

I mean no offense here, but do you really want to visit a region that is wraught with death and destruction right now?

I don't believe I - or anyone else for that matter- said that I/we did. In fact, the Chinese gov't has suspended all organized tours from the area. ABD had no option but to change the itinerary.

Just lurked over here and would love to know more about the china trip. I did not even know they offered one and I have 2 adopted daughters from China. I always wanted to gback to China and was not sure if I wanted a heritage tour or not. This would be a very non-threatening kind of tour. You know... happy happy.
We LOVE disney by the way.

By the way, having gone to China twice, (having 2 kids) - does anyone have any China travel questions they want to throw at me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter