~Anyone else got their fingers crossed hoping for cheap Cat. 12 Gty's to be released?

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
I'm hoping in Feb. we'll see some great deals open up on Cat. 12's for spring...and if not for spring, then I guess I'll have to wait and hope for some to be released for fall :goodvibes

I got really spoiled to our super cheap cat 12 price for last May....that will be hard to get again I suspect! But it would sure be nice!

Kayla

I with you guys. I couldn't believe a $2400 7 night cruise and now when I see the prices, I just can't pay that much. I hope those prices come back again, but I won't hold my breath.

I just took advantage of one for 3/13/10. Not super cheap - but enough savings to make a difference.

We're booked on the Wonder in Nov. (along with my in-laws-talked them into DCl fopr the 1st time)...I keep telling my dh I don't think way we should pay $2400 for 1 cabin for 4 nights when we only paid $2900 for 2 cabins for 7 mights this past May! I already informed my in-laws that we may switch the date of the cruise at any time if a better deal pops up---thankfully they are now both retired and are onboard with our plan!

I love Vacations To Go (www.vacationstogo.com). Their bargain search page lets you see the prices and discounts by pretty much any criteria you can dream up....cruise line, dates, length of cruise etc. You might give it a try

hi well we have just booked a great deal here we booked on the magic 11 day european cruise in may for £895 per adult and £495 for our 17 yr old and was told children under 14 are £199 such a bargain cant wait

I wish we could go then but kids are still in school.

By my calculations you saved about 615 GBP compared to what it would cost here! Pretty good. Have a great time!

I'm crossing my fingers waiting for a cat 11 or 12 to open up for the 7 day sailing on 10/30/10 but I'm not hopefull as the crusie is almost booked up so there is no reason why disney would need to offer anything....BUT one can hope:goodvibes

Back in September 2009, when I was shopping for a Jan 2010 cruise.. I checked the DCL web site several times in a week. I noticed that Cat 12's seemed to appear-and-disappear on a daily basis. Fortunately, I was "smart" enough to nab a Cat 12 the next time it appeared, and we are cruising "for cheap" next week (Jan 21 3-nt Wonder).

What I (think I) learned is -- DCL will offer more Cat 12 GTY's, for a particular cruise, if/when bookings slow down and the cruise isn't filled yet. In other words, the Cat 12 GTY is a mechanism DCL uses to discount cruises, without officially discounting the other rooms/rates. For example, if DCL has 50 Cat 9 rooms left for a cruise.... they might open up Cat 12 GTY fares to fill these Cat 9 rooms. DCL won't lower the price at Cat 9's, because then they would be "on the hook" to refund the Cat 9 price difference to anyone who asked. Similarly, the Cat 7 GTY rates are used for filling up the unbooked Cat 5/6 rooms at a lower Cat 7 rate.

Another thing I (think I) learned is -- DCL won't start jumbling around the fares and offering Cat 12/Cat 7 GTY's until 90-120 days before a cruise. In other words -- don't expect to see any Cat 12 GTY's for a Sept 2010 cruise until about May 2010... then check the DCL website everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter