Anyone else have a B12 deficiency?

I give myself a shot of 1cc of B12 once a month. the only drawback is the 22G needle.

B12 is not one of the fat soluable vitamins (A, D, E, and K) so any excess does not get stored in your fat. They are water soluable so you pee out any excess.

Your description of being a voodoo doll and someone sticking pins in you was exactly what I was feeling. They would come out of nowhere, mostly in my side, but occasionaly in other spots.

If I were you I'd have your B12 levels checked again!

Well I just had the blood tests yest. so I guess in about a week we will see how everything is.

Thanks, everyone. I don't eat much meat, so this could be the cause...we'll see.
Only time I had a deficiency was the period of time I tried a vegan diet. A doctor gave me a shot of B12 and felt it immediately so can’t understand the comments that the shots may not work. In my case they definitely worked. On my usual high meat content diet B12 never a problem.

I have the usual problem of males that my serum iron levels are too high. High iron is not good for health. I will donate more blood soon to reduce iron levels.

I have low B12 and low D- I take supplements for them right now and go back in a few months for a recheck. It showed up on my annual bloodwork. Normal B12 is 232-1245 and mine is 208. My D is 12.6 and normal is 30.0-100.0. I will probably have to go on a prescription for that like I did a few years ago when it was in the single digits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!