Anyone else have a split stay and notice this on their reservation?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Just noticed something different with my reservations that are upcoming. I was going into MDE to choose the colors for our Magic Bands for our stay at POR and then decline the set for the stay at SSR that followed. Kinda nervous to do that, but we did not need two sets, we really don't. Well when I went into my SSR reservation, it would not let me choose or decline them, but told me to remember to bring my Magic Bands, which is just fine. I have never seen this before.

I am nervous with Disney's IT issues and such but I am hopeful that only getting one set of bands will work out with no problems what so ever for us.

I have the same info for my split stay in December. Also, MDE says I have up to 12/1 to make any changes to my order before the order is processed and bands sent to the front desk. So, I'm guessing Disney is no longer mailing the bands out prior to your arrival?

FWIW, I’ve seen a lot of Disney IT wonkiness on that MB order page lately in my account. My reservations go in and out of showing up, some I’ve declined don’t say so but then will change back, etc. It’s been acting strangely.

Not sure if the cause of any of the above, but possible.

I have a 3 part split stay, but the only mb page that shows up is for the last part. I think it’s just typical Disney it weirdness. You can always call and ask them to fix it if you would like both sets.

I have a 3 part split stay, but the only mb page that shows up is for the last part. I think it’s just typical Disney it weirdness. You can always call and ask them to fix it if you would like both sets.
I don't want two sets, but I do want the one set I get to work well, so I am trying to think positive.

I have the same info for my split stay in December. Also, MDE says I have up to 12/1 to make any changes to my order before the order is processed and bands sent to the front desk. So, I'm guessing Disney is no longer mailing the bands out prior to your arrival?

No. Mine shows a shipping address. It's just telling you if you choose to customize at that time they will have to be shipped.

You will be fine with just one set. We just did a split stay between SSR and BLT at the end of January. We had 2 sets but only used the SSR bands for the entire trip.

I got an email the other day that I needed to customize mine because they were shipping soon. I logged in and it doesn't show the customize option for any of the 5 reservations I currently have. Disney IT at it's finest...
Same here. I have AP bands to customize, and an August trip. Only the August trip is showing up to customize right now, and when I click to do that, I get an error message and then the page that shows the magic bands that I already have. :rolleyes1

We usually decline the 2nd set! The first set ‘should’ work just fine! Enjoy!

I got an email the other day that I needed to customize mine because they were shipping soon. I logged in and it doesn't show the customize option for any of the 5 reservations I currently have. Disney IT at it's finest...

Hey girl! Funny, after reading this thread, I figured I’d go on now and decline my 2nd set, and I keep getting an error message!!! Ugh. Hope you get it working!!

4AF1E8BD-684F-403F-AC73-BFE0365E78BB.png

I think there is something wonky going on, I have 3 way split stay and only the 2nd reservation is showing for magic bands.

I've been having problems too. My AP band to customize doesn't show up at all, neither does a may stay where I would've declined MB, but my mom will need one. But August stay and this Feb stay show up.

Does anyone buy themselves a magic band once at Disney and then connect it to your account and use it? If so, how successful are you? How long will that magic band last for?

Does anyone buy themselves a magic band once at Disney and then connect it to your account and use it? If so, how successful are you? How long will that magic band last for?
Yes, we ordered one online from the disney store and it connected just fine. It worked until my son outgrew it (we had torn it down to the smaller size). I would think they would work until the battery eventually dies out, which could take years.

I like the DVC band, but I am thinking I could just wait till I get there to buy it and get 20% off of it with my DVC membership card, and not pay for shipping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!