Anyone else have issues with Capital One CC payments posting timely?

I make my payments on the CapOne website. My payments post very quickly. I can understand using bill pay in situations where it might save you an online bill pay fee like utilities. But bother for CCs, it's free and much less of a hassle. Not that I use it at all. I just pay the fees.

I have 3 Capital One cards & have had them for years. I have always paid online & payment has posted almost immediately, never had any problems. I stopped using bill pay from my bank quite awhile back as those payments seem to take days to post.

I’ve had a Capita One card for about 10 years and always pay through my bank. I’ve never had an issue with the payment being late.

i don't think any financial institution sends physical checks anymore-it's all electronic.

If the bank/credit union doesn't have the information necessary to send an electronic payment, they will still cut a physical check. For example, my billpay to my gardener goes out as a check every month. I'm sure that's not the case in the OPs situation, but want people to realize there are situations where physical checks happen and they should plan accordingly.

As far as the original question goes, I autopay through the CapOne website and have never had a problem - if it isn't paid on time, it's their own fault for not requesting it on time. I know some people don't like giving the credit card companies permission to access their checking accounts, but I'm fine with it personally.

I have a CU checking acct that I pay off my Capital One bill with, and I always assume it's going to take 1-2 days, longer over weekends. I pay online directly through their website. It always shows that the payment was withdrawn on my CU account before it's posted on my Cap One account. When I was with Wells Fargo, even worse. My money was in limbo for like 3 days once.
Bill pay may be convenient but I know some family members who were stuck with overdraft and late fees because they relied to heavily on the service. Hopefully you can confirm how long the process is expected to take so you can avoid this! Good luck!

Thanks to all for your feedback.

I found out my CU does still cut and mail a paper check... it was delivered April 5 and finally showed up as a payment on the Capital One website on April 11.

I am happy for those who have not had a problem, but for me, I am done. I don't need this hassle and I still think Capital One is sitting on the check on purpose to get late fees from people.

I shall make my last payment once everything is cleared and cancel the card... life is too short for me to dink around changing my procedure for the one payee who can't process things the way all the others do!
:jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter