Anyone else not seeing some shows on iTunes podcast player?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by pdarrah, Dec 22, 2017.

1. pdarrah

pdarrah <font color=lime>It's nice to know you are real, t

I listen to most of the podcasts on my iPod Touch using the Podcast app. (Yes, I know this is older tech, but it works well for me)

I've noticed that I haven't been getting a couple episodes (Pete explicitly said that Disney Dining and Best & Worst would continue through the holiday hiatus).

Today, I went and checked out on YouTube and found that there was a Disney Dining episode (Hoop de doo) on December 15th and a Best & Worst December 20th. Neither shows up on my feed. I guess there wasn't a Best & Worst for the 13th - the last on my feed is from December 6th.

Is this happening to anyone else?

2. acpalmer

acpalmer Mouseketeer

It's not just the app. They aren't showing up on "regular" iTunes for me, either.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. McCoy

McCoy Mouseketeer

They've largely chosen to shift away from any focus on audio podcasts to video content and youtube. Even the shows that do eventually get uploaded as audio frequently have substantial in-park segments etc. that don't translate well to audio form. Since the audio format is so low priority now, over the last year or so it has been extremely common for shows that are uploaded to both formats, for the iTunes audio version to be days and even weeks behind the youtube videos of the same show, if ever in some cases. For us audio listeners, that's simply the sad reality, but obviously they have their reasons for the emphasis on video.

5. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Constantly craving a zebra dome...

There does tend to be a delay in audio versus video. I too use the Podcast app, and my sister, who utilizes YouTube, always has content first.

The delay occurs here and there throughout the year. Its quite nerdy, but I always consider it a nice surprise when they upload!

6. pdarrah

pdarrah <font color=lime>It's nice to know you are real, t

:sad::sad1::sad2: Sadly, the audio versions still haven't shown up on the iPod feed. I have been listening to the audio version of the show in my car for years and its really disappointing to know there are episodes out there, just not easily accessible for my use....

7. WDWAurora

WDWAurora <font color=teal>I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'

I can’t get any of the recent ones to work, including today’s release. I have deleted, redownloaded, restarted my phone, made sure all updates are current....nothing works.

8. MarkE83

MarkE83 Mouseketeer

Try using a different app, such as overcast. They’re all definitely there, and you can subscribe to all 7 feeds separately if you choose to.