Anyone else not sleeping?

Saphire

DIS Veteran
I have been waking up alot in the middle of the night and then can't get back to sleep. I usually turn on the radio and listen to war updates. Although I support the president and believe this is a just war, I still feel anxiety, frustration, and fear. So many things can go wrong, and I find myself praying that God will protect our troops, our country, and all innocent people in Iraq. I guess I wake up to make sure nothing catastrophic has happened, the way I did after September 11. Anyone else waking up with worry, too?

I have always gone through spells of not sleeping or wanting to do nothing but sleep. (even vefore the war)

But, yes, I have been doing the cat nap thing lately. wake up/ watch news/sleep/wake up/watch news/.....

Me too....cat napping. Sleep some, wake up, turn on news, fall asleep again, wake up, watch more news....

I can't imagine how the families of our beloved servicemen are coping right now!

I'm up, but only because I'm working midnights this week. Luckily, it's dead quiet so I have lots of time to DIS :D

The big problem is it's so quiet I'm having trouble staying awake. It's almost time for the drunks to start hitting poles, though.

I haven't slept well since I started planning my wedding, but now that the war has started it's even worse. I'm constantly awake either thinking of wedding stuff or saying prayers for the militay men and women overseas. I know the second is much more important, I think I just think of the first anymore to not get so upset. My brother- in- law is in the Navy and I am just so thankful that he's not assigned to a ship right now, otherwise he'd be there. I just keep praying to keep it that way and to protect all who are there.

Disnee dad Says..........................Try to sleep, I have a little trouble too, but we have the best damn military in the world, and while we will lose some, they are fantastic.
I'm just disappointed in Turkey. If we could launch from Incirlik,Diyabikar, even Izmir things would go better in the north.
At the same time they are developing a democracy, 90% of last years elected officials have no experiance. So they bungle and stumble and learn.They are our friends, in case some commentator wants to tell you otherwise.
BTW, A big hello to anyone who has served at "the lik" And a bounty to anyone who has a recording of "15 months at Incirlik",
by Chip and the Dips. There are only a few hand taped recordings of this great song (to me) circa 1980-1981.

It's 2:20 am, & I'm sitting at work watching a tank battle live on TV.

I get little enough sleep as it is (just got back from an auto accident on the Interstate..............), but this is just too weird.

Who needs "reality TV" when this is going on. I'll go for good old "escapism" every day...................

I'm awake too. Just got home from work and having some pretzels, water and Dissing. Got Fox news on and listening to the military commentators rag on the news commentators at the front. :rolleyes:

I think all this media coverage, like other areas, is too much. I want to know what is happening but I don't need to see the Iraqi's nose hairs to believe they are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter