Anyone else planning a 2020 trip home?

Still here!

I think our dates are going to be May 6 to May 15th.

I wish I could book now just to have it out there...! :)

Last edited:
We are! I’m turning 40 in 2020 and I’ve been telling my family for years that I’m celebrating in Disney. Our favorite hotels are the Poly and BC so we are hoping to stay at one of those or maybe a split stay. I don’t know of exact dates but it will be in August since that’s when my birthday is.

We are planning on a few days at Disney before a cruise for DD graduation! I want to do Beach Club, but she kind of wants to do either AOA LM room or POP. It's her trip, so she gets to decide where we stay.

Hi all!

Still here. :)

We are going to book our room only at 499 days - Jan 2, 2019. :rotfl: Since we will book at whatever the rack rate is for our dates at Yacht Club in 2019, we will book the cheapest and then play around with it once the rates come out for 2020. We just want to be sure have something since Star Wars will be open and who knows about crowds!

Happy early planning all!

Hi all!

Still here. :)

We are going to book our room only at 499 days - Jan 2, 2019. :rotfl: Since we will book at whatever the rack rate is for our dates at Yacht Club in 2019, we will book the cheapest and then play around with it once the rates come out for 2020. We just want to be sure have something since Star Wars will be open and who knows about crowds!

Happy early planning all!

I had read somewhere on the boards that its 499 days from when you check out. I only noticed this on your dates because I'm planning on arriving the day before you. :) Do you think room bookings will be in that high of demand between January and June 2019 that you might miss out if you don't book a room-only reservation? Coincidentally, I was emailing with a TA today and she told me she didn't see a need and that I can just reach out to her in a year when packages are released.

*edit to say that I'm asking honest questions for my own help planning and not that I'm judging because we all know that we want to book the moment Disney will let us. ::yes::

I had read somewhere on the boards that its 499 days from when you check out. I only noticed this on your dates because I'm planning on arriving the day before you. :) Do you think room bookings will be in that high of demand between January and June 2019 that you might miss out if you don't book a room-only reservation? Coincidentally, I was emailing with a TA today and she told me she didn't see a need and that I can just reach out to her in a year when packages are released.

*edit to say that I'm asking honest questions for my own help planning and not that I'm judging because we all know that we want to book the moment Disney will let us. ::yes::

No, no no. I think you will be fine waiting until packages come out - but keep on an eye on these boards just in case! I'm just doing it because our last trip to Disney was kind of a bust, we want a do over, economically we can't do it until 2020 (going to D.C in 2019 - lots of great restaurants!), so at least booking at 499 days gives me a twinkle in my eye. ;)

Last edited:

Hey 2020s!

Back from our 2018 trip-we had a wonderful time! I finally got my ‘princess trip’ with my youngest niece. At 4.5, she really believed!

Let the planning and saving for the 2020 trip begin!

I saw up thread mentions of booking room only at the earliest possible time. We will do that too and then search for better deals.

I intend to look at 2019 costs(for room and dining) for December and add 30% to create a initial budget.

Hey 2020s!

Back from our 2018 trip-we had a wonderful time! I finally got my ‘princess trip’ with my youngest niece. At 4.5, she really believed!

Let the planning and saving for the 2020 trip begin!

I saw up thread mentions of booking room only at the earliest possible time. We will do that too and then search for better deals.

I intend to look at 2019 costs(for room and dining) for December and add 30% to create a initial budget.

We looked too. $522 is the rack-rate price for 2019 May dates for Yacht Club garden view. We plan to book that view for room only on Jan 2 (499 days out for our May 2020 dates), so that is what we will have to put as a deposit.
Then like you said, budget for a bit higher (hopefully not 30%, that would be quite a jump!) for when the actual prices come out for 2020. And then play around a bit with any discounts or view changes... :)

I am hoping that prices don’t go up 30% also but I would rather save too much rather than too little. Plus if I tell DH the higher number and it winds up being less he will be happy.

Last week in the MK we saw a couple in his & her shirts that made us laugh: hers said “Best Day Ever” and his said “Most Expensive Day Ever”

:)

Still planning, but finding out in September if I may need some pretty expensive dental work. We're talking after insurance I would still owe a few thousand. :(
But, keeping the dream alive and still saving as much as we can - maybe it won't cost that much and we can afford both! But my healthy smile comes first.

I don't understand why dental insurance is so lacking in comparison to health insurance. Teeth are important too!

We are definitely heading back for a long (14 days +) family trip (Universal, too) May/June 2020. We live in Ohio and only go every two to three years... sometimes the number of years in between is even longer. Our last trip was February 2017. This will be our first trip at any time of year other than February. We’re looking forward to water parks as that’s not something we’ve been able to do on past trips.

In the meantime, I’ve decided to become an annual pass holder. I travel to Florida for work several times a year, which means I can add some vacation days and head to Disney without paying for the airfare. I may get some short non family trips in 2019, which I am really really looking forward too. I’m also, excited about the discount opportunities with the annual pass.

Anywho.... actively planning for 2020 and excited to follow along with other’s plans.

Still planning, but finding out in September if I may need some pretty expensive dental work. We're talking after insurance I would still owe a few thousand. :(
But, keeping the dream alive and still saving as much as we can - maybe it won't cost that much and we can afford both! But my healthy smile comes first.

I don't understand why dental insurance is so lacking in comparison to health insurance. Teeth are important too!

Fingers crossed that your dental work comes in under budget! I agree with you - dental care is so crazy expensive.

Good Luck!

Fingers crossed that your dental work comes in under budget! I agree with you - dental care is so crazy expensive.

Good Luck!

Thanks! I find out in about two weeks. Don't worry, I will do everything in my power to pay for both! :)

We are definitely heading back for a long (14 days +) family trip (Universal, too) May/June 2020. We live in Ohio and only go every two to three years... sometimes the number of years in between is even longer. Our last trip was February 2017. This will be our first trip at any time of year other than February. We’re looking forward to water parks as that’s not something we’ve been able to do on past trips.

In the meantime, I’ve decided to become an annual pass holder. I travel to Florida for work several times a year, which means I can add some vacation days and head to Disney without paying for the airfare. I may get some short non family trips in 2019, which I am really really looking forward too. I’m also, excited about the discount opportunities with the annual pass.

Anywho.... actively planning for 2020 and excited to follow along with other’s plans.

A two week trip sounds great! We have never visited Universal. Maybe we should consider it. I never feel like I see/ do all I intend to while at Disney. Adding more to the list might not be the answer for me

Congrats on the AP decision! A few bonus trips and maybe some discounts- sounds great!

Going in 2019 might also make a bounceback booking a possibility for you.

I intend to follow bounceback threads next year to see if there is an offering, what the savings is and if it makes sense for us for take advantage of it. I would have to factor in airfare and a one night resort stay to book a bounceback but since we are planning two deluxe rooms for a week there might be a savings overall. We will see.

Keep us up to date on any short trips you fit in. It will help us all as we wait for 2020!

O - H

We go in 105 days but I’m already planning an offsite April 2020 trip to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Probably three Disney days and two at unni.

A two week trip sounds great! We have never visited Universal. Maybe we should consider it. I never feel like I see/ do all I intend to while at Disney. Adding more to the list might not be the answer for me

Congrats on the AP decision! A few bonus trips and maybe some discounts- sounds great!

Going in 2019 might also make a bounceback booking a possibility for you.

I intend to follow bounceback threads next year to see if there is an offering, what the savings is and if it makes sense for us for take advantage of it. I would have to factor in airfare and a one night resort stay to book a bounceback but since we are planning two deluxe rooms for a week there might be a savings overall. We will see.

Keep us up to date on any short trips you fit in. It will help us all as we wait for 2020!

O - H

I-O :)

Well, when we go as a family we drive from Ohio which means we stay longer because none of us are in a hurry to get back in the car! We definitely still don’t do everything we would like to, even with the extra time. We are leisurely Disney Tourists... we eat 3 table meals and take our time. The longer trip suits us.

I’ll be in the same boat as you... two rooms on the 2020 trip. The kids have just gotten older (21, 13, and 11) , taller and we all don’t fit in one room like we used to.

Thanks for reminding me about the bounce back from 2019 for 2020! I hadn’t even thought of that.

We’ve locked down our dates Jan 25 - Feb 3. The first 3 days at Universal then to Disney for the last 6. I’m probably going to book the room about a year out. I don’t think I need to but there’s no reason not to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!