Anyone else planning a 2020 trip home?

We’ve locked down our dates Jan 25 - Feb 3. The first 3 days at Universal then to Disney for the last 6. I’m probably going to book the room about a year out. I don’t think I need to but there’s no reason not to.

So only Disney crazy planners might understand this:

Your January 2020 travel dates (earliest I believe so far on this thread) and the fact that you will book in just a few months at a year out make my dates seem so much closer!

Thanks for that!

:)

So only Disney crazy planners might understand this:

Your January 2020 travel dates (earliest I believe so far on this thread) and the fact that you will book in just a few months at a year out make my dates seem so much closer!

Thanks for that!

:)

I’m actually at the 499 day mark but don’t want to be too crazy. A year out seems crazy to me but I don’t know, Galaxy’s Edge could just make things crazy.

I’m actually at the 499 day mark but don’t want to be too crazy. A year out seems crazy to me but I don’t know, Galaxy’s Edge could just make things crazy.

My thoughts 100%! I want to book once packages become available next June but at the same time, I want to wait until discounts become available. But then the other side of me says that I should book as soon as I can because I have no idea what Galaxy's Edge will bring. Add to that a huge slew of other updates coming to all the parks and I feel nervous that rooms are going to fill up super fast.

Hope the news was in your Disney favor!

Oh, sadly it wasn't. :( I found I have a genetic issue that's causing me to have to replace some teeth with implants and it's very, very expensive. Unfortunately Disney is on the back burner for a while while we deal with this diagnosis. Thank you for asking!

But I do wish everyone else fantastic, safe, happy trips! :)

We had a cruise scheduled out of Miami for spring break but it got moved to Tampa so i took that as it’s meant to be that i do 2 days at home by myself while he hubs and our almost adult boys to 2 days of Tampa before we board he ship.

Can’t wait for alone time with my other man...Gaston you will always have half my heart

We are! May, September and December 2020. May we are hoping for OKW for a Flower and Garden fest long weekend, then a week at AKL in September and finally a long weekend for holiday stuff and Star Wars at SSR in December.

oh my goodness!!! My treatment is costing less than we thought, we are saving money and looks like May 2020 is back on!!!

Let's cross every appendage that we can that we keep on this path of saving and join you all for 2020 trips home! :)

oh my goodness!!! My treatment is costing less than we thought, we are saving money and looks like May 2020 is back on!!!

Let's cross every appendage that we can that we keep on this path of saving and join you all for 2020 trips home! :)
So Happy for you!!! There's nothing better for what ails you than to plan and go Home to Disney World!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

December 2020! We just became DVC members a little while ago and are banking our 2019 points so we can go in 2020 and bring both sets of grandparents with us:) we leave in a few days for our 2018 trip, waiting 2 years for the next trip will be hard for me lol!

We plan to go in 2020 sometime to celebrate DS2 finishing culinary school (associate's degree) and DS1 finishing bachelor's degree (he's going to school part time while serving full time in the Air Force). This will all be dependent on schedules as to when we can go. I'd love to also be celebrating being retired from my current job in retail management (I can officially retire in April 2020) and starting a new totally different career.

Eek it's officially 2019 which means we're going to Disney next year! :hyper: I coincidentally got an email from my TA yesterday. Thoughts on booking once packages are released in the summer versus holding out for discounts to be released? I know that holding a rez means less rooms available for Disney to discount. I'm thinking it's based on preference and personal peace of mind? We're not planning for a particularly busy week of the year but SW:GE is such an unknown with crowds!

We have finally settled on April 2020. It’ll be our first spring break trip which isn’t our first choice but it’s the easiest to work around everyone’s schedules. Our favorite friends are coming with us and they are all WDW first timers. I’m so excited I can hardly stand it!!! Hurry up 2019! :flower1:

I am planning early March 2020. I am interested in your views on crowds at this time. On the one hand GE will be only a few months old, on the other early March isn't near any holidays or school breaks. Any thoughts?

I am planning early March 2020. I am interested in your views on crowds at this time. On the one hand GE will be only a few months old, on the other early March isn't near any holidays or school breaks. Any thoughts?
I’m not sure, but I know many colleges have spring break in March

Early planners! Yay!
We decided to go on 2020 last year. Considering we live so far away and it´s a very costly trip, a two-year planning is quite prudent. But truth is...I just can´t wait! :bounce:
We´re thinking end of April/beginning of May. I don´t know how the crowds are gonna be with SWGE, but we found it quite manageable on our last trip May 2016. And my mom just LOVED the Flower and Garden Festival, I think it´s what she´s most excited about!

July 2020! Haven’t been there since 2014. Pretty much set on staying at the Poly. I’d like to book a RO early and hope a discount comes along later that we can apply. We are in savings mode because we’ll be getting 2 rooms (our kids are much bigger now!) I’m super excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!