Anyone else started Christmas shopping ?

They definitely do match walmart.com, it just has to come up on the zebra, you can't just show a screenshot or something. :) BUT if you pricematch you can't use coupons, just your redcard.
Thank you! They did price match. It was fairly easy too. The toy I wanted excludes coupons, but that’s good to now about coupons for the future.

In my Target Wallet, there's an offer of 25% off one toy or kids' book. Good until November 21. Check your Target Circle Wallet.
Thank you. Can’t use coupons in this toy, and I think you can only use it once. Had used it for another birthday gift. Have lots of nieces and nephews in my family.

For those of you considering phone sanitizers they are on sale at Best Buy today. Phonesoap brand has been rated highest on all articles I reviewed. The base model is 34.99.

For those of you looking at phone sanitizers, what are the differences/selling points when choosing one over another? I'm willing to spend more if it really worth it, but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Usually I would head out to a store to get educated, but not this year.

For those of you looking at phone sanitizers, what are the differences/selling points when choosing one over another? I'm willing to spend more if it really worth it, but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Usually I would head out to a store to get educated, but not this year.

I went with the Phonesoap 3 for my kids. I liked that it had an added charging port and I liked the color choices. I got the Phonesoap Go for dh (and me to share) because we'll probably keep it on the kitchen counter and I wanted something I didn't have to keep plugged in since I've got limited outlet space as it already in the kitchen. Plus it's good for when we travel, specifically camping when sometimes we lose power up on the mountain, it can act as a phone charger.
I was lucky to find some deals, I had a Target coupon plus a bunch of GC's so I got one there.
Then I used a couple Amazon GC's that I had been saving to use for Christmas presents, plus one color had an extra 10% off. I was going to wait but I checked through all the BF ads I could find and didn't see any deals on it. The shipping was amazingly fast, I've already gotten them and its been like a week since I ordered.
I got the Go at tiger direct, they have the best prices ($20-$40 less than everyone). I admit I'm a little nervous but I've purchased computer parts and electronics from them before and never had an issue. If there is one (like it being counterfeit or something) I'll return it or go through my CC.

I didn't really research other brands because I have heard of PS and figured I'd go with a known one as opposed to a cheap one I've never heard of.

Finally put the Santa's Bag app back on my phone.
Realized that dh is going to be spoiled compared to everyone else this year. I go with practical stuff for him.
He's getting a phone sanitizer which I was not going to get for him, was just going to get them for the kids, but he came home the other day and said they found COVID in the wastewater at work and on the door handles in the building. He's always been a little germaphobic so I know he'll really appreciate this gift this year.
A ryobi tool, an HP battery because he's constantly complaining that his batteries don't last, and a bunch of the ryobi lanyards so he can organize all the tools.
I'm also getting him a fire stoker/poker stick. I'd never heard of this but it is definitely something he will like for the firepit. Blackbeard fire starters, ferro rod and a wallet. I've got a few things ordered so far, I'll get the rest by Thanksgiving.

[other than a 2nd charging port, what is the difference between phonesoap basic and 3?

they both do iphonee and samsung?

OP here...

Hit the stores yesterday...

So my shopping buddy, and I headed over to the Loop... We went into Kohls I did pick up a few things... I got a necklace for my cousins wife, she loves Native American jewelry, and this piece has that feel to it, she is going to love it... I found a charcoal pair of legging, and a couple of clearance shirts, and a belt, I was out the door for 43.00...

We hit Ross as my shopping buddy had to take back somethings that did not fit... I scored pretty good in here for my Grandson who's 5... Nike jacket, Under amour hoodie, Spiderman, (2) dino's, astronaut, and a Frog shirt... right at 40.00 out the door, so really good considering that the Under Armour hoodie was 85.00 and the Nike jacket was 85.00 on the original Nike and Under Armour tickets..

Penny's was a bust... the store over there is always so disjointed, and everything is always in a mess... Every-time we go into it... They divided up all the clearance its all over the store without any reasoning or thought behind it... My friend went to try on a couple of pairs of short, and she said that the fitting looked like it had not been cleaned out all day, and the carpet was littered with tags, and trash, so she did not even bother trying on what she had...

We stopped at Books a Million, and I had about 125.00 dollars worth of gifts... my friend had about 50 to 60 dollars, they lady in front of us had at least 250.00 if not more.. and the poor young woman at the register, said the register was frozen and was calling and calling for the manger to come out and help her, or let her get on another register or open another register... and the manager would not come up front... we could hear her telling the young woman, just to wait, and see... She was like there are about 8 people in line to check out... I felt so sorry for her, she was about in tears... We waited about 15 or 20 minutes, and still the register had not come up... and still no manager... In the end we left everything on the counter... We were the last people to leave, everyone else had already left their items...

We had to stop at Wal-mart on the way home... my Grandson has mentioned "astronaut legos" to me a few times, and I was shocked that they had the one I was looking for, even more shocked at the price.. 48.00 dollars... Wow... So another gift off the list, which is a big one for sure... I still have to hit up the Lego Store at Disney Springs, maybe this weekend to look for another one he really keeps talking about...

So how is everyone's shopping coming along?

So far I've bought the Lego Boba Fett helmet, a magnetic floating globe, and a Hilfiger belt. Nothing too exciting. DS18 is really into playing guitar, so I'll see what accessories he wants for his set up. Just today I picked up a Pokeball set from Costco for my youngest. I also grabbed the Martinelli's cider 4-pack because I always get it for the holidays whenever I first see it. Hopefully no one busts into it before Thanksgiving!

otterbox.com had phonesoap 3 for $67 plus code otterbox10 for another 10% off. free shipping
they only ad black or white but that was a great price. I bought for my son, if he doesn't like it I'll keep it!

he is beyond done. His birthday is January so if I buy too much for Chanukah I just rewrap for birthday.

I grabbed DD20 a rolling suitcase during a sale last week that fits the Spirit "personal item" dimensions. We are going to Vegas in January with my Sister and Brother-in-Law, and she needed something for that to avoid paying luggage fees. I have the same bag and can just fit what I need for a 4 day trip into it, if I really pay attention to what I need vs. don't. I'll wrap it up and put it under the tree as another "gift".

Otherwise, I've been really good lately, and haven't bought anything else - despite seeing all sorts of good ideas in this thread! (This thread always causes me to buy more stuff LOL) I'm trying hard to keep it a bit "smaller" this year. Of course I always say that, and it never happens. DD just got a job at Home Goods too - so I am staying away from there, so that I'm not tempted to get her to buy things with her employee discount!

The one thing I'm waiting for is Kohl's Veteran's Day sale - I hope it happens. I saw someone posted at 30% off coupon starting Nov 11th (Veteran's Day) at Slickdeals but no $10 off $25 coupon yet. Usually their 30% off starts on a Thursday, not Wednesday if I remember right, so I'm hopeful the Wednesday start of this coupon is a hint the sale will hapen. I have started building my list of what to buy if it happens, but it's mostly stuff for me :) - only thing for DD would be a couple pairs of sweats, which I had always planned to get her.

Oh yeah - and if I find a great deal on a TV that meets my criteria, I'm going to give DD the 40" TV I have in my home office as part of her Christmas gifts, and replace it with a 32" one with the cost essentially coming out of my Christmas budget for her. She's totally onboard with this, and keeps asking if I've found a deal yet LOL My office is kind of small so 40" is really too big. I started working from home pre-Covid, so I went all out on outfitting my office last Black Friday and got the 40" at a crazy deal...but lesson learned. Honestly, my criteria are such that I'm not positive I will find a TV that matches them at a deal good enough for me to pull the trigger. I'm watching things, but so far nothing has hit the mark.

Otherwise, I have 1 more Amazon gift card to buy for some kids of a family friend - got 2 during Prime Day so I could get the $10 off of another purchase. And I have to get some See's candies as hostess gifts for Christmas Eve/Christmas - but that has to wait until the last minute so they are "fresh" (mmmmmm.....scotchmallows.....) And then there's the sibling gag gift - I just did the name assignments, and I got my SIL this year. She's the one person I have no great ideas for off the top of my head - have to think on that a bit. But that shouldn't be any great expense, the best gag gifts tend to be the home made oddities.......

Last edited:
Phone sanitizers sound like they will be a hot item this year! I won't start my measly amount of holiday "shopping" until mid November (ordering fruitcake) and mid December (sending $/gift cards). My family mostly did away with gifting for holidays a long time ago. I give checks to my adult step children (a few hundred dollars for Christmas) and will have amazon gift cards mailed to my teenage nephews. I also buy fruitcake for my parents and my own family. It's one of the few Christmas traditions we've kept since my grandmother passed. She used to buy this specific, amazing, fruitcake every year but then we went several years without it until I resurrected the tradition. That will probably be the extent of holiday shopping for me.

airpod pro for $195 at Woot (division of amazon), free shipping with prime. everyone else was 219-229

I picked up a few Pandora jewelry items for gifts today. They are having a Black Friday promotion. Every Friday in November, they are giving 35% off to Pandora Preferred Card holders. Unfortunately, Star War items are not part of the promotion, but I saved $87.50!

I ordered a weighted blanket for my sister from the Kohl's Black Friday sale today for $16.00.

I ordered a fuzzy microwavable neck wrap thing for my sister in law from a lady selling them on Facebook.

So my resolution to not buy DD20 any more stuff is slipping again ;) This is the time of year I always lose it....

I forgot I earned a $15 S'well gift card when I ordered a couple of personalized Traveller's for my 2 nephews. That arrived today. Decided to use that to buy an Eats container DD wants. But of course it cost $27.50 above the gift card....sigh.

And I picked up a TV stand at Ikea, in case I find the TV for my office and she gets the one in there now. It was on sale for less than $20, but honestly there is probably something already kicking around the house she could use as a stand...

And I spent more on SILs gag gift than anticipated - I was hoping to spend $10 or less LOL But I figured out a perfect gift, that cost me $40. High for a gag gift, but it's so good it's worth it :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter