• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else tow TT from Michigan???

kimba18

Earning My Ears
Just curious what route you take 75 or 65??? Which has been better for you. We are a little nervous to take our 26ft TT through the mountains. Any experiences out there? Thanks much for your input.

Ok guys I know some of you have had to pull a Travel trailer from Michigan? Please anybody?

We used to pull a 30 ft. TT from Michigan ..... now we pull a 36 ft. FW. We always take 75 straight down to FL ...... very easy route. As for the mountains, they really don't pose much of a problem. You can feel the difference pulling when you are on the "up" side, but it is not a major inconvenience. Since 75 is carved "through" the mountains, there aren't really any hills that are too steep. The bigger concern with the TT was when the semi's went by us at 70 mph ..... just don't let them catch you not looking!!

Oh that is so true when the trucks go by. We had a delivery truck swipe in and out from behind us and pass us and boy did I feel it and I was in the passenger seat. I think that is a hobby for some of them truckers. I swear! NOT a good feeling. Do you think 75 is quicker than 65? We just bought our TT from Muskegon and it is the first one we have ever owned. We are pulling it with a Expedition with the 5.4 L and towing package. Any other input??? Thanks

I can't really give you a comparison of 65 vs. 75. We have always taken 75 straight through to Florida. It is 1,176 miles from our house to our campsite at FW ...... can you tell we have done this a few times? We travel exactly 60 mph and it takes us about 22 hours to get there (barring some bizarre accident on the way there). We always take 285W around Atlanta, as we always seem to land there around rush-hour. It is a bit easier to navigate than 75. Other than that minor change, we stay on 75 until we reach the FL turnpike and 27. Your tow vehicle seems like a good choice for what you are pulling, so you should not have any real problems ...... have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter