Anyone Ever Flown on AirTran?

Pink Flamingo

<font color=FF66FF>Think Pink!!!<br><font color=CC
In my search for a good price on airline tickets I came across AirTran. Has anyone ever flown this? I hadn't heard of it before. Any input you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Many times because they usually have cheap airfare. They are fairly dependable. They get you where you are going....a few times there have been long delays, though not every time. Patience is something to have if you want to have a calm trip on this carrier. I find them slow on the check in process. Planes seem ok on the inside, most of the staff seemed friendly.

I give it a 7.5 on a 10 scale.

DH flew Air Tran this past summer from Ohio to Texas. He encountered delay after delay and swears he will never fly them again.

They have been around for awhile & usually have pretty good airfare rates. I would fly them:D

We flew AirTran for the first time last Nov. We had a great experience. No delays. As a matter of fact, when we landed in Atlanta they were already boarding for the flight to Orlando! I don't think they have any puddle jumpers, just the larger jets - a big plus in my book. We found the flight attendants to be friendly and helpful. One caveat - this is a discount airline so don't expect much in the way of food. If you can't get through the flight on a cracker you'd better bring a sandwich.

We used them in October and flew from PIT to ATL to MCO all of the staff were very friendly and helpful and both coming down and going back we had a new plane on each of the legs...

Our rate we had was very good as well.

Amy :)

They used to fly out of Albany several years ago, but left suddenly. Back then they flew old planes. We used them twice.

Beverly Lynn why not? :eek:

We have a flight booked for our next trip in a couple of weeks, it's a Boeing 717. I don't know much about 727/747 vrs. a 717!

I just want to get there ALIVE in one piece!

Our rate from BWI to Orlando was only $110 per person, so we grabbed it!

Originally posted by cbrfan
One caveat - this is a discount airline so don't expect much in the way of food. If you can't get through the flight on a cracker you'd better bring a sandwich.

Nearly all the airlines have done away with food on domestic flights since Sept 11th. (Except for 1st class)

It seems like snack & drink is all you get now regardless of who you fly.

Originally posted by Blondie
We have a flight booked for our next trip in a couple of weeks, it's a Boeing 717. I don't know much about 727/747 vrs. a 717!

The 717's that Airtran flies are all new planes (The oldest one they have started flying on Oct 12, 1999). They seat approx. 106 people, and have a 504 mph cruise speed

The 727 is an old plane which was produced from the early 60's until 1984. They seat approx. 148-189 people,and have a 570-605 mph cruise speed

The 747 is a largebody jumbojet, mainly used for international flights due to the large seating capacity. They seat approx. 416-524 people, & have a 565 mph cruise speed

By the way, I have flown on Air Tran and flights were on time...crew was very friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter