Anyone Ever Fly from LAS to SNA?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Have noticed fares from LAS to SNA in the $50-$60 range, way less than car rental rates i've found for this summer (one way dropping off @ ANA).

*How is LAS to fly out of...

*are there long security lines on weekends?

*is it worth it time wise, factoring in how much time we'd need to devote to catching an afternoon flight & returning a rental car, etc.:confused3

anyone make the flight before?

I've made the flight a couple of times. The Las Vegas airport is just like most airports to fly out of, the only difference being there are slot machines to play while you wait for your flight. The security lines are long on Sunday afternoons and evenings when people are leaving and practically empty on Saturdays and early Sunday morning. I'd rather make the short flight to Santa Ana (especially on a Sunday afternoon) vs. driving on I-15 on a Sunday.

In all the times I've been to Las Vegas, I've never gotten a rental car so don't know much about that timewise but I'm sure if you give yourself 30-45 minutes to be safe, plus 90 minutes to check bags, go through security and get to the gate, you'll be more than fine.

I've made the flight a couple of times. The Las Vegas airport is just like most airports to fly out of, the only difference being there are slot machines to play while you wait for your flight. The security lines are long on Sunday afternoons and evenings when people are leaving and practically empty on Saturdays and early Sunday morning. I'd rather make the short flight to Santa Ana (especially on a Sunday afternoon) vs. driving on I-15 on a Sunday.

In all the times I've been to Las Vegas, I've never gotten a rental car so don't know much about that timewise but I'm sure if you give yourself 30-45 minutes to be safe, plus 90 minutes to check bags, go through security and get to the gate, you'll be more than fine.

thanks very much, it sounds funny to me as newbie that they've got slots @ the airport;)

*is it worth it time wise, factoring in how much time we'd need to devote to catching an afternoon flight & returning a rental car, etc.:confused3
Vegas to Orange County is about four hours, if you don't stop at all. My personal record time is 4 hours 10 minutes (I-15 & Flamingo Rd in LV to the Embassy Suites on Harbor Blvd. on a Friday evening), and DH's is 3 hours 45 minutes (from Anaheim Stadium after an Angels game to our home in LV).

If you are flying, you are getting to McCarran (LAS) airport 2 hrs prior to check bags, go through security, get to your gate and wait for your flight; and allowing about 1 hr 15 minutes to fly. By the time you wait for your bags and get to your transportation at the SNA airport, you've burned up almost as much time as it would have taken to drive. Yes, you are saving the aggravation of driving, but you really won't save much time.

that's what DH said too...

i said it was priceless not getting stressed out while he drives the freeways like the truck driver he is;)

compromising, he'll get a day to drive around the desert, etc. for Hoover/Valley of Fire/Red Rock etc.

it does seem bizarre that it might actually take longer to fly, unless we'd hit the infamous gridlock for whatever reason

before i waffled yet again, i went ahead & booked the flights yesterday, wound up being almost $100 cheaper factoring in gas/1 way rental fee & shuttle service from SNA to DL:thumbsup2 )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter