Anyone ever get this strange feeling?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I have my dues set up to pay monthly out of my bank account, but i have been getting ahead by just buying target GC (at the 5% discount) and monthly applying them to the account. This morning i went on to do this transaction and I got this strange feeling -- I was happy to be paying a bill! Reason why is that i immediately got excited about our next trip to WDW. Granted it won't be until next year, but who really gets that emotion paying a bill. I guess pixie dust can cloud my judgment even at home.

My contract was paid in cash so no mortgage payment on it so when i pay a small amount in dues each month I know that it is going towards very nice accommodations and great memories with my family. :flower1:

Am I the only one who feels this way?

LOL. I just applied my first-ever GC towards my auto-drawn dues this week ... and I've never been so giddy to spend ~$500. It was, indeed, a strange feeling.

I buy the GC for that purpose, but at grocery stores to get fuel rewards. Someday I’ll get a red debit card, but it’s easier for my budget to stay out of target altogether.

As for the bill-paying, it feels good to KNOW that something is 100% budgeted for. And if it’s something relating to vacation, it makes the dopamine hit even higher. :)

Thanks, that's what I thought. I don't have a Target card, not sure I want one. I will have to give this some thought. :)

I’ve never gotten a Target card, mostly not wanting to get a hard pull on my credit for something that wouldn’t get used much. But this thread at least had me looking into it. So for what it’s worth to those that don’t know, the Debit Redcard is a card that you link to your existing bank account. No credit pull, and doesn’t report to your credit report. That said, of course you can’t use credit, the money must be in your bank account like any other debit card, but does give you 5% Target discount, including the Disney gift cards.

For those that buy the gift cards, can you purchase anything through Disney? Dues, AP, purchases? Is there anywhere Disney that you can’t use the GC? I’m assuming anything you use your magic band can’t be paid with a GC, anything else?

I’ve never gotten a Target card, mostly not wanting to get a hard pull on my credit for something that wouldn’t get used much. But this thread at least had me looking into it. So for what it’s worth to those that don’t know, the Debit Redcard is a card that you link to your existing bank account. No credit pull, and doesn’t report to your credit report. That said, of course you can’t use credit, the money must be in your bank account like any other debit card, but does give you 5% Target discount, including the Disney gift cards.

For those that buy the gift cards, can you purchase anything through Disney? Dues, AP, purchases? Is there anywhere Disney that you can’t use the GC? I’m assuming anything you use your magic band can’t be paid with a GC, anything else?

Thanks for the information, gives me something to think on...:flower3:

Thanks, that's what I thought. I don't have a Target card, not sure I want one. I will have to give this some thought. :)
This is the only thing i use the card for. I don't really shop at target for anything else. I do it because overall it is saving me money. If dues go up 3% then I’m still ahead a little because of the 5% off GC. Kind of a win
For those that buy the gift cards, can you purchase anything through Disney? Dues, AP, purchases? Is there anywhere Disney that you can’t use the GC?
I’ve used it for everything you mentioned. The only place you wouldn’t e able to use it everywhere would be at Disney springs at many stores but I’d think many restaurants would take GC there

You just can't use GC to actually purchase DVC anything else is fine, except non-Disney owned stores and restaurants

Pretty much.

Dues-paying with it has a particular process that isn’t totally intuitive. Someone else wrote up a decent thread about it. Worth a search before trying, especially if your dues are on the monthly payment plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts