Anyone ever had a blow out on the FL Turnpike

Mac4life30

DIS Veteran
What did you do? Ok smart *** answer change the tire.. Aside from that? I have a lot of Anxiety when it comes to driving up to Orlando alone when all of a sudden a tire blows out. Even if you all by your lonesome successfully change the tire..now what? Its late in the evening or a sunday and any location that could even change the tire is closed or to far away.. You been warned the spare should only be used for short distances and at low speeds.. So where do you?
Sorry just curious what if anything you have experienced on the FL turnpike.

What did you do? Ok smart *** answer change the tire.. Aside from that? I have a lot of Anxiety when it comes to driving up to Orlando alone when all of a sudden a tire blows out. Even if you all by your lonesome successfully change the tire..now what? Its late in the evening or a sunday and any location that could even change the tire is closed or to far away.. You been warned the spare should only be used for short distances and at low speeds.. So where do you?
Sorry just curious what if anything you have experienced on the FL turnpike.

1. Never experienced a flat on the turnpike.

2. Now have AAA. Make a phone call, pull over, turn on hazards until they find me.

3. Did have a blowout 400 miles from home. Donut worked fine all the way home on a Sunday night. and is still in the auto as a spare. Local tire shop said there's a lot of life in the tire.

This, plus I pay the extra $20 for my wife so they’ll tow her up to 100 miles for free. It’s excellent for giving me peace of mind knowing that she’ll have help even if I’m not their.

Exactly. First year we had it we truly got our money's worth with four claims for five drivers. Having kids at college and on the road and a husband who drives 45 minutes each way to work, the fee each year is well worth the peace of mind.

If it is on the driver's side, it's always better to have a wrecker or a road ranger change it. They can use their truck to block traffic such that it's safer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!