Anyone ever had a less than magical trip to WDW and felt a bit lost afterwards?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by MinnieGirlNE, Jun 12, 2017.

1. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Hope I don't throw gasoline on the fire, but in another observation of this trip, why were so many people walking around MCO with watermelons? Those perfectly round personal watermelons, not the huge type you take on a picnic.

2. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

Nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Perhaps start a thread of your own.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

You aren't remembering it correctly.

5. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

And for years it had said, and still does say "take small children by the hand". You are mis-remembering.

Magpie and Bianca and Bernard like this.
  6. tvguy

By definition a thread is a wandering thing.

ols386 likes this.
  7. sunshinehighway

sunshinehighway DIS Veteran

Right. It says "take small children by the hand". The announcement on the buses also says "take small children by the hand"

Bianca and Bernard likes this.
  8. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

What you asked about isn't wandering, it is out of left field.

9. tvguy

That is the very nature of discussion boards. Some of the best threads are out in left field from the first post.

10. sunshinehighway

11. sunshinehighway

It's an east coast thing.

12. tvguy

LOL. Okay, enough of the dog pile folks.

13. ols386

ols386 I want to live at Disney World!!

So were lots of folks walking around the mco airport just carrying watermelons? That's odd. Maybe someone can shed some light.

14. tvguy

I didn't count, but 5 or 6 in the Southwest check in area.

ols386 likes this.
  15. Bianca and Bernard

Bianca and Bernard DIS Veteran

I had GS#2 for a week last January (he was almost 10 months) so his mom and dad could go on a cruise before dad's deployment. I had him again for a week last month so his mom could visit his dad in Japan. Plus I usually have him overnight 1-2 nights a month, so mom can get a break and hang out with friends. I'm keeping him for a week around Columbus Day so she can go visit again. (They think it would be too much for a baby to have his days and nights turned upside down for just a week, which is why he's not going.) In January, DD is meeting with SoIL in Washington for a few days getaway before they come back to FL to pick up GS and their dog.

My other DD said if they lived closer, I'd have GS#3 a few nights a month too. But they won't move to FL, and I won't move to their area, due to her other parent and his mother being there.

We have offered to have the grandbabies come visit during the summer for a week or two each year. Plus if they need us other times, if we can help.

javeyloveschelsi likes this.
  16. Pacolovestacos

Pacolovestacos DIS Veteran

OP, if it makes you feel any better, I no longer get the same joy from WDW that I use to. Too many negative changes that have against my touring style.

I started a thread a week ago about my recent trip to DLR which was phenomenal. Going forward, I will stick with DLR. If that becomes less than stellar in the future, I will likely reduce my trips to Disney significantly.

MinnieGirlNE likes this.
  17. patmcnamar

patmcnamar Earning My Ears

A little harsh there? People visit WDW from all over the world, and I have seem plenty of "out of control" children and adults in DLR - especially when sweltering heat or rain was consuming their vacation. I'm sorry people are having negative experiences but I don't think a coastal designation has anything to do with it.

Bianca and Bernard likes this.
  18. tvguy

That wasn't my comment, that was an East Coast native's comment.

19. cabanafrau

cabanafrau DIS Veteran

You post all these "subtle" shade comments and then complain when you get push back?

Sorry, but it's a bit incredulous to accept that what was your observation on page one, by your own words, is now actually the observation of a "former WDW, soon to be DLR and now purported east coast native" -- all in service of bolstering YOUR original claim.

maxiesmom likes this.
  20. sunshinehighway

No. It was your comment. The rest of us are able to read and can see you first post so you're not going to pass it off as a "friend's" comment.
    I guess you are lucky you decided to make it an east coast thing and not a southern thing. I have a feeling you'd really be getting it handed to if you had.

21. aristocatz

aristocatz DIS Veteran

OP: It sounds like you might be caught in a bit of a Disney rut. I agree with some of the other posters who suggested to shake it up a bit for your next vacation, if your family still wants to do Disney. Try a Disney Cruise or one of the other Disney theme park locations. If it were me, I would go with the Disney Cruise!

MinnieGirlNE likes this.