Anyone ever NOT seen Minnie at Chef Mickey's?

Barb D

DIS Veteran
We've eaten at Chef Mickey's twice, and Minnie was there both times. But she's not listed as one of the Chef Mickey's character's on Deb's site. Has anyone ever NOT seen her there? She'd be the main reason we would have DD's bday meal there. If she's not there, we'll probably go somewhere else.

We're only going to MK and resorts this trip, so Hollywood and Vine is not an option. Liberty Tree may be, but I'd rather do the character meal on our resort day and not take time from our one park day.

We've seen Donald Duck there instead of Minnie in the past. If you want to guarantee Minnie at a Character Meal, how about trying breakfast at Cape May at the Beach Club? Minnie greets guests in the side room of the restaurant. HTH and I hope your daughter has a great b-day!

I have always seen Minnie at Chef Mickeys.

On the other hand at Cape May we have seen Minnie once and the server described her as a special guest (it was over spring break) and a couple of other times (most noteably the last visit there in April) she was not there at all.

Liz

When I went, I only saw Mickey, Chip and Dale, and Goofy.

No Minnie!:(

We've been to Chef Mickey's many many times and Minnie has always been there.

Well, Minnie was there but completely blew past my ds. :( We had a much better interaction (and better food, IMHO) at Hollywood & Vine. Minnie was teasing my dh and had him giggling and beet red! It was priceless!

3x at Chef Mickey's and we've always seen Minnie. But I believe she is always at Hollywood and Vine....no Mickey there, though.

She's always showed up for us..and we've eaten there a lot. One thing I'd like to mention....when the characters come out, be sure you stay seated. They will not (unless the child is hanging form them) stop to see kids in the aisles. They come to your table, and since they have a terrible time seeing, they always have a cm with them, who points them to the next table. It's not much fun for the people who stay in their seats (unless you're off getting food, but when the music starts we go back to our seats) to have other peoples kids at their tables and in their pictures (not talking background here..we have a child that spent so much time with us, I was surpised we didn't get charged..he's in several of our pictures!) He chased the characters everywhere, and when they came to his table, he wasn't there..he was off to the other room, at another persons table. His mom and dad got visits (I have no idea why they would let their child wander..but we've wondered that a lot this last trip, as we've seen a fair share of kids away from their parents..it maybe Disney..but you should still have your kids near you..end of speech..sorry)

Minnie has always been there the times we've gone- I have great pictures of her with my boys:D

I called today to make PS for breakfast at Chef Mickey's, and the CM said Minnie was definitely on the list of characters. We'll hope for the best.

BTW, I really wanted dinner but the earliest open PS was for 8PM. That's way too late for a 3yo. And this is during the off season, more than 2 months from now.

Another BTW, I asked the CM about the Toy Story bfast, and she had never heard of it.

Even when they say there are no PS's for dinner, there are usually plenty of spots open..if you go early. Get there at 4:45, and I'm betting you will get in. We always have, no matter what time of year. And then we look around at all the empty seats (at that time of day), and again are told by the manager..I have no idea why they told you we didn't have any PS's. All I can figure is that they get a lot of no shows, and have to be prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter