Anyone Ever Order Birthday Cake for Cruise?

disgreat

Earning My Ears
We are going on the upcoming Jan 5 Disney Fantasy cruise.
Our DD is celebrating her 20th birthday and is really excited about celebrating on the cruise.

I was thinking of ordering a Birthday cake from the Gifts and Amenities site of the Disney Cruise line.

Has anyone ever ordered a cake from there? What was it like and did you enjoy it? Did you just have it for sail-away in your room or did you have it delivered to dinner?

My DD has food allergies and the form has accommodation for her food allergies.

I was just wondering if anyone had some experiences to share.

If we don't order a cake, will they have some type of celebration for her at the MDR?

Thanks for your input!

We did. The cake looked beautiful... Unfortunately, it was very wet (as in, "there's water in it").

Otherwise, as long as the servers are notified, they will bring the birthday boy/birthday girl a small cake and sing Happy Birthday. :) It's really nice.

Thanks for asking. we will be on the Magic when my daughter turns 3. I don't really want to order a cake for her but it would be nice if they just acknowledged it somehow at dinner. Thanks.

We did. The cake looked beautiful... Unfortunately, it was very wet (as in, "there's water in it").

Otherwise, as long as the servers are notified, they will bring the birthday boy/birthday girl a small cake and sing Happy Birthday. :) It's really nice.

With food allergies, the standard chocolate mousse cake thing would probably not work. They may be able to bring something, but I have no idea what it would be.

I ordered the gluten free celebration cake when I was on the Magic earlier this month and it was really good and much bigger than I expected. They will either deliver it to your stateroom or the dining room, you get to choose. I had mine delivered to the dining room and when we were finished they packaged up the rest of it to bring back to the room and gave me extra utensils as well.

We just let them bring the complementary birthday cake which is like for one person. (there are only 3 of us and I dont eat desserts). I dont remember how much they charge for the cake but it wasnt worth it to us.

we ordered one for our dd's birthday a couple cruises ago and honestly, we could've saved our money as we saw at another table they will bring a little personal one out which would've been fine since we had already ordered desserts (we forgot we had ordered the cake). Plus we dragged the rest of it back to our stateroom where it sat the last 2 days of the cruise.

We are going on the upcoming Jan 5 Disney Fantasy cruise.
Our DD is celebrating her 20th birthday and is really excited about celebrating on the cruise.

I was thinking of ordering a Birthday cake from the Gifts and Amenities site of the Disney Cruise line.

Has anyone ever ordered a cake from there? What was it like and did you enjoy it? Did you just have it for sail-away in your room or did you have it delivered to dinner?

My DD has food allergies and the form has accommodation for her food allergies.

I was just wondering if anyone had some experiences to share.

If we don't order a cake, will they have some type of celebration for her at the MDR?

Thanks for your input!

I have no cake advice, but upon boarding visit the guest services desk and get your DD a birthday button. She'll get many birthday greetings that way!

We ordered a cake when DS turned 4 and it was amazing! I agree with others as it was bigger than anticipated so we shared with some of the tables next to us and all agreed it was moist and delicious!

We had one for my son's birthday in March. It was delicious! TOOOOooooo delicious. We ordered the chocolate cake with the Mickey Head. I have to say it was much larger than I thought it would be. It lasted the whole cruise...though we would have liked to finish it in one sitting!

I ordered the Mickey head for a friend on the Magic and my friend said it was delicious. It certainly looked good.

I have ordered the cake a few times and like how you can select the flavor, icing and filling per request. We had ours delivered to the dining room on the designated night we chose and there was quite a bit leftover, so they packed it up with forks and we nibbled on it the remainder of the cruise. We also gave away several slices to our friends sailing with us. (It was well worth the 30.00 we paid for it since it served 8 to 10 people)
When we sail on the Disney Dream or Disney Fantasy, we order cupcakes from Vannellopes or Sweet on You and they bring those to the dining room as requested. The cupcakes have been working out well since there a variety of flavors and my kids prefer cupcakes or ice cream/gelato.
But on the Disney Magic or Disney Wonder, ordering a specialty cake a minimum of 7 days prior to sailing is a great way to celebrate.

We did it once. It was good, but we were already so full from dinner and Mickey Bars that we really didn’t enjoy it. We were able to bring it back to the cabin, but there is so much food in the ship that we never finished it. Save your money.

We just ordered one to celebrate a big birthday while onboard the Magic. We had it delivered to the dining room on the actual birthday night. It was a very good cake (I think most of the cakes on board are just okay) and as others have said, it was larger than expected. It isn't necessary to have this cake as they will bring an individual dessert out and sing to the person celebrating their birthday. But when we are sailing on the actual birthday, I would absolutely do it again (just ordering the smallest cake they offer next time).

PA220087.JPG
I order this as a surprise in 2016 it cost $36 for an 8". It was awesome shared it with the table and service team.

Thanks for asking. we will be on the Magic when my daughter turns 3. I don't really want to order a cake for her but it would be nice if they just acknowledged it somehow at dinner. Thanks.
They have a small desert that they bring out for celebrations.

We did the birthday celebrations without the cake since we knew there would be so many deserts available. In your case, my thought would be to order the cake. The leftover cake will be an anytime snack back at the room that she never has to question whether or not she can have due to the allergy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter