Anyone Ever Order Birthday Cake for Cruise?

We opted for the free personal-sized birthday cake in the MDR; the rest of us just ordered desserts off the menu and were happy as well. Disney has a great reputation for accommodating allergies so if you call ahead and have them note it on your reservation. The server will also ask on the first night about allergies, and if you are really worried, you could pull your server aside sometime and remind him the birthday cake needs to be allergy friendly.

The birthday room decorations are nice. We just got them, they now include a beach towel too.

Just back from our cruise on the Fantasy yesterday. I ended up ordering the happy birthday room decorations and the cake. My daughter was really happy to see the decorations when we entered the cabin. We enjoyed them all week and she took them home with her. My daughter said that she will use them at college for the birthdays of some of her Disney fanatic friends.

The cake was delicious! It was a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream icing. It had a white choclate plaque with happy 20th birthday written on it in dark chocolate. The price of the cake was worth it. My DH liked being able to have a special allergy safe treat whenever she wanted it. We ate the cake all week and really enjoyed it!

Just back from our cruise on the Fantasy yesterday. I ended up ordering the happy birthday room decorations and the cake. My daughter was really happy to see the decorations when we entered the cabin. We enjoyed them all week and she took them home with her. My daughter said that she will use them at college for the birthdays of some of her Disney fanatic friends.

The cake was delicious! It was a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream icing. It had a white choclate plaque with happy 20th birthday written on it in dark chocolate. The price of the cake was worth it. My DH liked being able to have a special allergy safe treat whenever she wanted it. We ate the cake all week and really enjoyed it!

Thank you for reporting in. I have been thinking I might order myself a cake for my July Double Dip cruise so I have something besides ice cream or mousse-type stuff (the gluten-free defaults) to fall back on. Good to know the allergy-safe ones are still good!

I ordered the gluten free celebration cake when I was on the Magic earlier this month and it was really good and much bigger than I expected. They will either deliver it to your stateroom or the dining room, you get to choose. I had mine delivered to the dining room and when we were finished they packaged up the rest of it to bring back to the room and gave me extra utensils as well.

I did the GF Mickey-head cake. It also was much bigger than I expected. Even after six of us had a piece at dinner, we were all still working on it for days afterward. And our awesome server likewise boxed it up for us with napkins and utensils. IIRC, we could only make the cake fit in the stateroom’s fridge tilted on an angle.

It wasn’t the best cake I’ve ever had. It wasn’t even the best GF cake I’ve ever had. But as a birthday cake my wife could safely eat, on a ship in the middle of the ocean, I have no complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter