Anyone ever stay here???

blueyes97

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I have reservations at the Ramada Plaza Orlando Resort/ East Universal Studios. the address is 3155 john young parkway in orlando. Has anyone ever stayed here? or has anyone ever driven by this place? what does it look like and is it nice?

The hotel is part of a timeshare presentation and cruise courtesy of Ramada. Just wanting to know if it is as bad as some of the other ramada reviews that I've read about recently. Please say no!

If anyone has stayed here, please let me know and let me know which rooms to get or avoid. Hey, if someone wants to run to the hotel and check it out for me, that would be great!!!

I'm just hoping for an uneventful vacation!! Thanx so much!:jester:

Blueyes97:

I think I got something in the mail recently from Ramada seeming to offer a hotel stay and cruise courtesy of Ramada but the wording was very vague. It also had a $1,600.00 check looking stub attached to it. I shredded mine. I'm always a little skeptical of these things. Nobody has any reason to give me a $1,600.00 discount on anything. But I'm sure you called and got pricing and all the particulars and know exactly what you're getting complimentary, if anything. Just a little friendly, cautionary advice. ;)

This hotel is acutally pretty nice. I have not stayed here but did meet a friend in the lobby. It is a huge lobby and really well done. I think they did a major renovation about 2 years ago - from what I saw they did a good job!

The only downside to this hotel is the location. It is not really in a tourist area, it is located just off of Interstate-4 near downtown Orlando. The Orlando prison is also located just across the way, so that is not the most pleasant site!

have fun!

isn't the location close to universal? not too worried about it, we don't plan on going to universal, but we plan on going to pleasure island in wdw and also to busch gardens and maybe the 8 seconds country and western nightclub. are these locations pretty far from the hotel?
can you ask your friend if the rooms were nice? also, did your friend just go there to stay or was it a package deal? our rooms are part of a vacation package through ramada. we will also be staying in ft lauderdale at a plaza resort.
thanks so much!!!

I just got back from Disney/Universal. I stayed at the Ramada Plaza at 3155 S. John Young Parkway. The hotel is ok. The lobby is beautiful but the rooms are ok. Decent but far from luxurious. I probably won't stay there again. It is located closer to Universal but the drive to Disney parks was not that bad, about 20-25 minutes away.

I hate to bear bad news, but just last night I was surfing and ran across a site in which people were talking about being duped by a vacation/cruise timeshare thing that included Ramada hotels. There were several letters from people to a consumer organization from people who thought they were getting a Carnival cruise but ended up instead on an old old ship named the Ocean Breeze. They talked about ending up paying far more than they thought they would and the timeshare presentation lasting hours and hours. I wish I could remember where I saw it but I can't. You might try doing a search and see what you can find. I hope that this is something totally different from what you are doing. Sorry if this upsets you but I just want you to be wary and watch your money. I hate it when people get taken!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter