• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever take the Alaska Ferry?

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
Looking at the possibility of taking the Alaska state ferry system from Juneau to Anchorage next summer. I know it doesn't actually go to Anchorage -- I think Whittier is as close as it gets.

Anybody ever do this on a family vacation? Good? Bad? Would you recommend it for two parents and DD20?

I haven't taken the Alaska ferry but I have taken the train from Anchorage to Whittier a couple times (to start our cruise) and that was quite enjoyable with lots of scenery on the way. Probably not really helpful but wanted to be sure you knew about taking the train back to Anchorage because it's much better than taking a bus back.

I haven't taken the Alaska ferry but I have taken the train from Anchorage to Whittier a couple times (to start our cruise) and that was quite enjoyable with lots of scenery on the way. Probably not really helpful but wanted to be sure you knew about taking the train back to Anchorage because it's much better than taking a bus back.
Thanks. Turns out the ferry schedule doesn't work for us anyway. It only goes from Juneau to Whittier 3 days during July 22 and those days don't fit in with any of our schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter