Anyone ever take the bus?

jdads2

Squirrelly as all heck
For $5 we can take the public bus, roundtrip, from MCO to theTTC. Someone explain why I wouldn't do this. It is just DW and I for this trip, two carry-ons. It looks like it will cost us about $55 by Mears shuttle. It looks like an easy way of saving $50 on our "cheap" trip.

I suspect hardly anybody knows about this transit route.

What bus route(s), do you have to transfer, how long does it take, are you allowed to bring baggage aboard?

I have taken transit (subways, buses) to and from the Boston airport on my Disney trips, also I use transit when possible at destinations.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

If you want the public transportation info for going to and from WDW from the airport go to the following sitewww.golynx.com Allow for extra travel time as I believe you have to go to the bus terminal in downtown Orlando to transfer to the WDW Lynx bus.

I've got the schedules, there is a transfer and it takes about 90 minutes. But, it's $1.10 p/p each way. I think we feel challenged to see how cheaply we can go to the World. so far we are at $494 for a room (5 nights) and flights. Who really needs to eat?....anyone want to meet at the Kona Kafe for cocoa puffs???

Has anyone attempted to do this...take the bus by the way, not the cocoa puffs?

Although we didn't ride the Lynx for our ground transfers from the airport to the resort, we did use it to go shopping at the Belz Mall and then again to get to the Titanic Exhibit.

That was pretty painless, though it does take more time than driving ourselves. My concern for that plan would be that after a day of travel, the closest that the Lynx will take you is to the TTC. You'd have to catch other transportation on to your resort.

Luggage can't be any more of a pain to take on than the HUGE shopping bags that we brought back from Belz.
Gerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter