• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever try E-Diets on the Web?

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
I've visited their site, but you need to sign up to have full access to their entire web-site. They have you fill out a questionnaire, you keep track of your weight. They set up a diet for you based on how you answer the questions. They had some specials before the holidays, not sure what they charge now. Anyone ever try E-Diets?

I did - for about 2 weeks. If you want someone to plan your menus and prepare the shopping list for you... then it is handy. Other than that... it was another calorie restricted Low Fat diet... which unfortunately for me is a recipe for failure. High in carbohydrates... which sets off hunger cravings from insulin reactions.... so no matter how much I consume... I was ALWAYS hungry on low fat, low calorie diets. You know the phenomenon... you eat dinner... and not less then an hour later... you are browsing trying to find something to eat - even though you are not physically hungry... the craving is there. Sugar doing it's damage.

If you are looking for a low fat, calorie restricted diet... I think the Ediets provided a nice menu with variety and assisted in making it easier by doing the "planning" for you. It is also a good place to track your progress etc.

I personally use fitday.com to do my own planning, journaling and tracking, and eat low carb. I have lost 27 lbs since 7/28/02 and have improved my cholesterol numbers significantly and am no longer out of control hungry all the time. More importantly, I can eat this way ALL THE TIME... so it is no longer a "diet" to lose weight... but a new way of eating.

Hope the info helps.

Thanks, DixieDreamer - that's helpful info. Strictly low-cal & low-fat isn't for me either. I like the 40-30-30 (the "Zone", the "Formula") but I'm not finding enough recipes and eating suggestions. I don't want to go the Atkins way either, although low-carb tends to work for me. Just kindof floundering out there - looking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter