Anyone ever use Rentcars.com? (not Rentalcars)

SuzyQue

Serious Mickey Nut
Airfarewatchdog sent me an email recommending this site for car rental. The rates are substantially lower. Booked a car this morning (Dollar) and have received confirmation through e-mail. I'll call Dollar to verify, but just wondered if anyone else has used them.

I'd simply do a dummy booking on the Dollar website and compare price. Be sure you are looking at the final (all taxes/fees included) cost when doing this.

I'd simply do a dummy booking on the Dollar website and compare price. Be sure you are looking at the final (all taxes/fees included) cost when doing this.

Yes I did that thanks, difference of $100 plus.

I checked rent cars.com for my March trip to WDW and it gave me a rate about $200 lower than I am currently finding. I went through the reservation process and was provided a voucher to give to the car rental company. Not sure if I like that.

I checked rent cars.com for my March trip to WDW and it gave me a rate about $200 lower than I am currently finding. I went through the reservation process and was provided a voucher to give to the car rental company. Not sure if I like that.
I also went through the reservation process and haven't had a chance yet, but do plan on calling Dollar (which is the contact number they used in my email) to see if they have record of the reservation.

I used the confirmation number provided by rentcars.com to check the reservation on Thrifty and my reservation was on the Thrifty site.

Last edited:
It was half the price of Alamo so I just made a reservation for May for a minivan for 2 weeks. Worth it in case the other rates don't drop.

While you might use their site to compare prices, I don't see a lot of value in renting through them. A lot can go wrong and then you could be stuck with no car when you arrive. Never used them, but renting a car is a commodity and mostly about price/pickup location compared to booking airline travel where there are many more variables to consider (connecting vs non-stop, time of travel, price, seating, luggage fees......etc.)

As others have stated, make sure your pricing considers ALL added fees/taxes/etc. so you are doing a valid comparison.

I just tried to chat and the information is all in Spanish - if I needed immediate assistance I was to call Country code +55. I wanted to ask about the 29 minute lead time to pick up your car, if you don't pick up within 29 minutes of the time you stated do they cancel your reservation? Their price was about 200 cheaper but I am not sure if that is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!