Anyone Fly First Class?

My guess: you don't have to wear a seat belt. They line the ceiling of the cabin with portly serfs and peasants, so you'll only bump into a very soft person if you hit turbulence.
Nice. Do you think they will feed me chocolate covered strawberries also?

I just have to ask.... If your in need of a seat belt and you have this what do you do? One day I would love to fly like this
If you pay that much to fly, they come tuck pillows around you in the event of turbulence, so you are never in danger. If they can't just avoid it all together, LOL... I'm sure they do what they can to make sure their passengers are never disturbed by something as common as being jostled LOL

Now that we're empty-nesters, we fly first class for any flight more than a couple of hours. We feel like at our age we've paid our dues and it's time to enjoy traveling again. The first time we flew first class to Orlando, DH and I discreetly high-fived each other each time a screaming child passed us on the way to the coach section. A more peaceful flight is so worth the extra money, at least to us anyway.

Now that we're empty-nesters, we fly first class for any flight more than a couple of hours. We feel like at our age we've paid our dues and it's time to enjoy traveling again. The first time we flew first class to Orlando, DH and I discreetly high-fived each other each time a screaming child passed us on the way to the coach section. A more peaceful flight is so worth the extra money, at least to us anyway.
I have to agree with that!
Also, I don't have to disturb anyone or be disturbed going to the restroom, I'm good for 5 visits to the powder room cross country!

I just have to ask.... If your in need of a seat belt and you have this what do you do? One day I would love to fly like this

I'm almost positive there is a seat belt. I love to go on Youtube and watch different flying videos. It seems every configuration of seating and sleeping has as seatbelt.

I've flown first class once. It was on Delta to Orlando, and was only $40 more than coach. So by the time you add in baggage fees to the cost of coach, upgrading was a no-brainer. I was flying with my 20 something nephew, and I didn't tell him. He did wonder why everyone was calling us by our last names, and once we were able to line up for boarding the jig was up.

What I really liked was how our luggage was first off of the belt in MCO. :thumbsup2

It absolutely has a seat belt somewhere in there. If it didn't then no country would certify that plane to fly in for safety reasons. In fact many airlines request/require that when you're bundled in with a blanket (either in your coach chair or in a business/first flat bed) that the seat belt stays buckled and visible on top of you. Airplane seat belts aren't just for turbulence, just like seat belts in cars aren't just for driving over potholes.

Absolutely correct. So many people as get up in age are more concerned about giving an inheritance to their children. I keep telling them, my parents included that it is their money not mine. Spend it yourselves. Fly first class if you want to. Stay at 5 star hotels. If they give it to me, I will just waste it on expensive wine.

Absolutely correct. So many people as get up in age are more concerned about giving an inheritance to their children. I keep telling them, my parents included that it is their money not mine. Spend it yourselves. Fly first class if you want to. Stay at 5 star hotels. If they give it to me, I will just waste it on expensive wine.

I like this. We plan in dying with both an empty bank account and wine cellar.

I've flown first class once. It was on Delta to Orlando, and was only $40 more than coach. So by the time you add in baggage fees to the cost of coach, upgrading was a no-brainer. I was flying with my 20 something nephew, and I didn't tell him. He did wonder why everyone was calling us by our last names, and once we were able to line up for boarding the jig was up.

What I really liked was how our luggage was first off of the belt in MCO. :thumbsup2
Great Story & a great price! I'm sure your nephew will never forget it!

I fly an airline quite a bit for work and occasionally get upgraded. I think the worth it factor is very subjective. Sometimes I really enjoy it after spending a few long days walking the convention centers and trade shows. Other times its just a nice perk after relaxing away.

I'm just curious if anyone here spends the extra money flying first class. Or if you only fly when upgraded or rewards points etc. Is distance a factor or do you always fly coach or first no matter what?
Throughout the U.S., we typically don't fly first class but flying to Europe, we fly first / business class. If is nice to be able to stretch out and get some real sleep before landing in Europe so you are ready to tackle the day.

We do the same often with Delta. We have upgraded to First Class for $50 per person roundtrip twice. With bag fees being $25 bag per person per leg...it's a no brainer to upgrade get bags for free, alcoholic drinks and bags off first.

We did once when Delta offered us $79 per person each way on a 5 hour trip. We were spoiled for sure. Now the closest we come is extra legroom seats on Jet Blue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter