Anyone Fly First Class?

My parents only fly first class. Even on short flights. I think it’s ridiculous. My son, who is 2, has never sat in coach and he’s been on multiple flights already. I suppose I shouldn’t complain and it’s been great on the longer flights, but for the short ones, I just don’t find it necessary. It’s their money though and if that’s what they want to spend it on, so be it. I do usually benefit from it too.

however, several years ago, across several trips and before I had my son, I was able to get lucky a few times and upgrade to first class while I was checking in. I think it was $30 for the upgrade. Totally worth it then

My parents only fly first class. Even on short flights. I think it’s ridiculous. My son, who is 2, has never sat in coach and he’s been on multiple flights already. I suppose I shouldn’t complain and it’s been great on the longer flights, but for the short ones, I just don’t find it necessary. It’s their money though and if that’s what they want to spend it on, so be it. I do usually benefit from it too.

however, several years ago, across several trips and before I had my son, I was able to get lucky a few times and upgrade to first class while I was checking in. I think it was $30 for the upgrade. Totally worth it then
Your son is a lucky little one!
we certainly did not fly first class growing up

I flew coach until I was able to afford first class. I was always uncomfortable because I am tall, and on top of it, short-waisted, so I have very long legs. God forbid someone lean back their seat, and I was really in trouble. My last coach flight gave me such pain in my back and down my left leg. I ended up at the chiropractor with a pinched nerve.

We have flown first class ever since. I always book early and get the front row, window. I have plenty of legroom, and I'm only steps away from the bathroom.

yes, always do when in the usa.

Its actually a lot cheaper than our flights for the same distances in Australia so its actually a bargain. In Australia a similar business/first flight the distance of 5.5 hr flights : lax-mco (Sydney-Perth) is 3-5 times more expensive. A first domestic flight that is 1.5 hrs in Australia is around $500 usd.

So yes, we would be crazy not to utilize the cheaper domestic first prices.

as always YMMV.

I'm a larger individual, so FC seats are more spacious for me and usually cheaper (and more comfortable) than buying two coach seats RT. Not to mention that I use the Delta AMEX card and accumulate points with gas, groceries, car repairs, doctor's bills, vet bills, etc. I use that card for EVERYTHING and pay it off every two weeks when I get paid. As long as you treat it like a debit card, you shouldn't have any problems using it to accumulate miles.

On my last two WDW trips (DTW to MCO) I paid $95 in November, 2016 and I think I paid right around $125 in January of 2018.

At those prices, plus all the benefits of FC:
  • First on, First off boarding
  • Two free checked bags (which are first off the plane)
  • Free meals
  • Unlimited soft drinks and water, limited alcohol
  • Soft jazz playing while we wait for the flight to board
  • Bathrooms only steps away
  • Large, comfy seats with lots of legroom
I'll be flying FC whenever I go back to Disney.

I'm a larger individual, so FC seats are more spacious for me and usually cheaper (and more comfortable) than buying two coach seats RT. Not to mention that I use the Delta AMEX card and accumulate points with gas, groceries, car repairs, doctor's bills, vet bills, etc. I use that card for EVERYTHING and pay it off every two weeks when I get paid. As long as you treat it like a debit card, you shouldn't have any problems using it to accumulate miles.

On my last two WDW trips (DTW to MCO) I paid $95 in November, 2016 and I think I paid right around $125 in January of 2018.

At those prices, plus all the benefits of FC:
  • First on, First off boarding
  • Two free checked bags (which are first off the plane)
  • Free meals
  • Unlimited soft drinks and water, limited alcohol
  • Soft jazz playing while we wait for the flight to board
  • Bathrooms only steps away
  • Large, comfy seats with lots of legroom
I'll be flying FC whenever I go back to Disney.
I have never had limited alcohol in FC...LOL!!
Usually all you want. 😊

I have never had limited alcohol in FC...LOL!!
Usually all you want. 😊
Lol, I have seen people polish off a bottle of wine in FC

They would have to carry me off the plane, I stick to water, they make out on my airfare

First time DH and I are traveling first class to Disney! I'm pretty excited. We are flying on United in May. We had upgraded from regular coach to the extra comfort seats but did not like the few seats that were left scattered over the section for the outbound flight. We are good with the extra comfort seats purchased for the return. I have flown first class once and hubby never has. I hope I do not create a monster. :)

First time DH and I are traveling first class to Disney! I'm pretty excited. We are flying on United in May. We had upgraded from regular coach to the extra comfort seats but did not like the few seats that were left scattered over the section for the outbound flight. We are good with the extra comfort seats purchased for the return. I have flown first class once and hubby never has. I hope I do not create a monster. :)

I think once your DH flies first he will never want to fly any other way. My husband was not happy when he had to fly extra legroom because I wanted to use our miles last year...

Hope you two enjoy!

I think once your DH flies first he will never want to fly any other way. My husband was not happy when he had to fly extra legroom because I wanted to use our miles last year...

Hope you two enjoy!

Thanks I’m so excited!! I know he will love it and will probably want to fly this way all the time!

I'm retired and fly first class whenever I fly to WDW. I live on the west coast. I use Capitol One free miles to be able to afford FC. When I fly I want to board as quickly as possible, find my seat and get settled. I'm a social person but generally keep to myself when flying so as not to bother anyone. Also its a short distance to the bathroom. For me, these conveniences are worth it.

How did your DH & you like first class?
Hope you had a fantastic trip!

I'm retired and fly first class whenever I fly to WDW. I live on the west coast. I use Capitol One free miles to be able to afford FC. When I fly I want to board as quickly as possible, find my seat and get settled. I'm a social person but generally keep to myself when flying so as not to bother anyone. Also its a short distance to the bathroom. For me, these conveniences are worth it.
Too bad we didn’t bump into one another on our flights to Florida from West coast we could have talked the whole way, lol!
Now we live in Florida, it’s nice to be able to drive to Disney when we want to go!

How did your DH & you like first class?
Hope you had a fantastic trip!
Lynn - thanks for asking! We just got back from Disney (so sad) and we flew Southwest. We were in the first row on both flights - lol! But that does not compare to first class on a legacy carrier, I know! DH and I will fly first class in May on our way to our re-do cruise which was supposed to be this past September 1. Looking forward to it! And will report back!

Lynn - thanks for asking! We just got back from Disney (so sad) and we flew Southwest. We were in the first row on both flights - lol! But that does not compare to first class on a legacy carrier, I know! DH and I will fly first class in May on our way to our re-do cruise which was supposed to be this past September 1. Looking forward to it! And will report back!
So sorry, I know the sad feeling. After all the planning and anticipation & then the excitement of actually being at Disney it ends too quickly.

Finally after all these years I’m a short car ride away, less than an hour & a half! It is a great feeling.
I’m taking my first ever Southwest flight this Christmas to go see my grandchildren!

I like flying Southwest! Hope you do as well.

And yes, the post-Disney blues have hit me hard. Glad you are so close. I'm jealous!! We are DVC so we get down to Disneyworld at least once a year. We will spend a day before our cruise at the Poly. So excited for that!

We have going from NJ to FL - its not a long trip but we enjoy the luxury and only do it on special occasions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!