Anyone fly out of Westchester Airport in NY?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, we live 10 minutes from Stewart Airport in Newburgh NY. Very limited flights, and expensive. That being said, we do fly out of there, due to the convenience. The last few years, we've been delayed for various reasons (some of it due to weather, nothing to do with Jet Blue). We end up arriving in MCO late, driving in the dark, and we start off or vacation a little cranky, lol!

Looking at Westchester airport-at least they have flights that arrive in the afternoon, not evening. (Not that we can't encounter delays) The pricing is a little better than Stewart, but my concern was parking. If you have used that airport, what have you done for parking? Parked your own car, or used a car service-is you parked your own car, how is it? Any thoughts or opinions appreciated!

Have you considered Albany? It's about 30 minutes further but an easier drive, no traffic concerns, parking is a breeze!

SW for the fall has great times for non-stops to MCO.

Thanks, haven't thought of Albany, but for us, it's a straight shot up the NY Thruway, I'll check it out!

I live about fifteen minutes from Westchester so fly out of there pretty much whenever I fly domestically. It’s a very small airport and there’s very little parking - one garage that fills up. Now, there are a lot of people flying out because of business so the turnover could be quick, but if you do fly out of HPN I’d say use a car service.

My sister flys out of HPN all the time and uses and a park and fly service through the SUNY Purchase College campus. They provide you with shuttle service to and from the campus. About a 5 min ride and reasonable.

thank you both-I actually did see the shuttle from Purchase college. I'll keep stalking rates and sees what happens! Thanks again-

I agree with using the Purchase Park 2 Fly. The only issue I ever had was that we called for the shuttle and as the shuttle pulled up another family came out and jumped into it as we were loading our luggage and the guy was worried about telling them no, they had to wait for the next. Delayed us 20 minutes.

Just another voice to confirm that HPN parking is scarce. I have always managed to find a spot....but also always see cars parked along the curb/grass between the garage and exit. Would not be overkill to use a service to avoid stress.

We fly out of HPN ALLLL the time and use purchase park to fly- they are AMAZING. It is so super easy, fast, convenient, reliable. We would recommend them to anyone! Youll love HPN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter