Anyone found the AP to be NOT worth getting for the Hotel Discount?

I was doing POR 8 nights at rack rate. :sad2:

I was going to upgrade to CR with a general code. :goodvibes

Since I don't believe we will see a general code now, I crunched the numbers and with the AP and DDE I'll save about $200 staying at POR. :rotfl2:

Wah!! I really love the monorail resorts and I bummed it's not worth it to upgrade.

I'll survive, I guess. :rolleyes1

Michele

we were able with 1 AP to upgrade from a BC std view (rack rate with 2 MYW
premiums) to a YC waterview (1 PAP and 1 MYW premium) we are staying 7 nights, and with the $100 room discount, minus the addl cost for the one PAP,
I pretty much broke even ($36 extra pd vs previous ressie) that being said, we essencially got a "free" resort/room catagory upgrade, which is very nice. My real CASH savings, however, I feel will be realized with the various discounts on recreation, etc. and especially with the DDE, which I can use for both myself, and my non-AP DH :smooth:
.....can't wait...58 days and 6 pounds to go....... :cool1:

Like a lot of you, I thought I'd save money buying an AP. I'm finding myself in MCO for business lately, and we are planning an October vacation so it made sense that I buy one. Now, I am nearly obsessing over when I get to go again. It is so addictive to me.
The discounts are what made me buy the AP. It was the little part that cinched the deal. It's just like choosing an airline for frequent flyer miles. I could have considered not buying one and seeing Universal a day or two while in MCO. Instead, I don't want to go to Universal since WDW is already paid. :cheer2: Disney is raking the cash by offering the discounts and lureing us there. Once we are there, we are spending lots and lots of money.
They know we love it at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!