Anyone from the Mahone Bay, NS area? Oak Island question

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
I just wondered if any locals have heard if the Oak Island treasure hunters were able to get up to the island to start working? I'm assuming they wouldn't have a film crew with them, but maybe if they were isolating together, they could be getting some work done and doing some "home movies" of their finds.

Yes, in all this, I am worried I won't get my fix of the show next winter. I have to look forward to whatever I can, right now.

A fellow Oak Island fan!

I am not sure about their filming schedule but it seems to me they film right into the fall as usually the leaves have changed in the last few episodes of the season.
Lets keep our fingers crossed they end up being able to work and film. I work in the industry and I know here in Toronto filming permits are not being issued until early July. The industry has ground to a halt so I am sure it is the same out East.

Did you know Tony Sampson (the guy does their dives) runs a boat tour around Oak Island?
https://www.saltydogtours.com/book-now.html

It is really tempting to go out East this year to do this.

A fellow Oak Island fan!

I am not sure about their filming schedule but it seems to me they film right into the fall as usually the leaves have changed in the last few episodes of the season.
Lets keep our fingers crossed they end up being able to work and film. I work in the industry and I know here in Toronto filming permits are not being issued until early July. The industry has ground to a halt so I am sure it is the same out East.

Did you know Tony Sampson (the guy does their dives) runs a boat tour around Oak Island?
https://www.saltydogtours.com/book-now.html

It is really tempting to go out East this year to do this.
I didn't know about the boat tours. I'd love to go out there one summer, too. I don't know about all the theories or even if there's treasure, but I love the interesting archeology that's turning up.

I just wondered if any locals have heard if the Oak Island treasure hunters were able to get up to the island to start working? I'm assuming they wouldn't have a film crew with them, but maybe if they were isolating together, they could be getting some work done and doing some "home movies" of their finds.

Yes, in all this, I am worried I won't get my fix of the show next winter. I have to look forward to whatever I can, right now.

Their dig is funded by television, so if the crews aren't there, they won't be there. It's a made for TV expedition at this point.

My sister's family and my parents are big fans, so this was discussed at our Easter online chat. I kind of tuned out so not sure what they decided would be happening. but I imagine it will at least be delayed.

I don't know about all the theories or even if there's treasure, but I love the interesting archeology that's turning up.

This is my point of view too. Again I work in the industry so I kind of know a bit about how this type of show is put together and of course so.many.edits. it can get tiresome but it is still fun to watch.
Especially when Gary gets a "top pocket find" or something that he calls a bobby-dazzler and says oooooooohhhh in a high voice LOL

This is my point of view too. Again I work in the industry so I kind of know a bit about how this type of show is put together and of course so.many.edits. it can get tiresome but it is still fun to watch.
Especially when Gary gets a "top pocket find" or something that he calls a bobby-dazzler and says oooooooohhhh in a high voice LOL
I loved the episode where Laird was digging up the Ball house foundation. He had such a light in his face as he was describing his find. You could tell that's the work he really loves to do, not evaluating cribbing spikes dug out of the swamp by the digger. lol.

I do wish they hadn't had to take down the coffer dam, though. Seems a waste.

Also, I know what you mean about the edits. You can tell when things are repeated.

I did notice on an episode a few weeks back that the bar server had a poppy on, so they are post-Nov 11. That's a pretty good season for treasure hunting.

My brother is a big fan and had checked into going out East and doing the tour and all of the tours during the summer are sold out. I am not sure if they will be cancelled though. They only tour on the weekends because they film during the week.
Good tip. Start looking to book tours early... just like ADRs at WDW :)

My brother is a big fan and had checked into going out East and doing the tour and all of the tours during the summer are sold out. I am not sure if they will be cancelled though. They only tour on the weekends because they film during the week.

Thanks for the info Judy

Oh and Oak Island Tours has a web site where you can shop so I went and ordered my brother a tshirt and key chain for his birthday present. Thanks for this thread otherwise I would have been racking my brain for a gift.

My wife and I were wondering the same thing watching last nights episode. They will be lucky to get any work/filming done this year I think.

Love the show but the "archeology" is laughable. I can just hear Laird saying "um guys don't do that" or "um guys a 30 tonne digger is NOT the same as a trowel". Really the only true work he has been able to do Has been on the Samuel Ball house. I also laughed when they brought in the other archeologist for the stones in the swamp area. If I was Laird I would have been like " um guys I'm an archeologist, you realize that right?" Seems like such a nice guy shame they don't really use him very well.

I think there's an episode scheduled for Nov 1 (shows up on my ToDo list), but it might be a recap. Still, worth checking out.

I think there's an episode scheduled for Nov 1 (shows up on my ToDo list), but it might be a recap. Still, worth checking out.

Thanks, I will check it out. we record them and watch a couple days later so I have it all set up with my PVR. I honestly do not know why our family find it so compelling but I do know it is one show we all like to watch together so it wins in my book just for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter