Anyone Game? 2 Castles and a Road Trip TR! Last Day and TR Wrap Up! #2796; 10/01

I'm so sad this epic report is over. It was a great ride. Glad you started a new report for the next trip!

Jill in CO

Oh my goodness! That Guitar Centre looks amazing!!! :worship: I could spend several hours there. I'm such a music buff, I would be on cloud 9. And those cupcakes...oh Mylanta! Do you remember what kind the were? They look just big enough to satisfy a sweet tooth without making you go into a sugar coma.

I've never been to the West Coast at all but your pictures do make it look inviting. We have the St. Louis Walk of Fame here and although it pales in comparison to the Hollywood Walk of Fame, it is still neat in its own right. It honors various people that have ties to St. Louis in some shape or form. It includes stars for people such as Chuck Berry, Ulysses S. Grant, Bob Costas, Vincent Price....I believe there are about 140 stars total right now. I know the chances of you ever coming to St. Louis are slim but here is the website about it.

http://stlouiswalkoffame.org/inductees/

I'm sad to see the TR is over but I've already subscribed to your new one. It was great re-living your (and mine in some ways) trip over again!

P.S. It's funny that you reference the number 42. DH and I are Stargate fans so I get it. LOL In fact, when DH asks "How much do you love me?", my answer is always "42". LOL

The Guitar Center looks very nice with all the different guitars and the floor with all the different band groups. The cupcakes from the Vanilla Bake Shop looks very nice.

I can't believe it has almost been a year since you started on your trip report and now it is finally completed. It sad that it is completed but I really enjoyed reading your trip reports. It was so nice to be able to hang out with you, your family, Alison and Fran during the trip.

It won't be too long until you are here back in SoCal and we will have a fun time at the DLR during the Halloween season.

I see. Sorry that you get into a panic. :flower3:

I have actually calmed down quite considerably over the years and can now visit without ill effects. Actually, my favourite restaurant is right at the Grand Floridian.

You had a busy last day. I am glad that you got some shopping done and that guitar store looks amazing.

Thanks so much for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading along. I really loved the photos summary at the end. I will head over to the new trip report now.

Corinna

That guitar store was more like a museum!

Thank you again for sharing your memories. I have enjoyed your pictures and perspective immensely!

Wow a year! Hope it doesn't take me that long to get through my TR :eek:

I have fallen behind on my commenting of late, but I have been reading along with interest about your time in LA. You may have convinced me that spending a couple of nights there might not be such a bad thing one of these trips :rotfl:

I really enjoyed your highlights reel! Great times had by all :thumbsup2

I love Fatburger. Those cupcakes look awesome. How neat is that guitar center. Your recap photos are awesome. The one on top of the mountain is amazing. It is so neat that you met so many DIS friends. A 28 day vacation sounds like heaven. Looks like you had a great time!

I miss Fatburger. Ours closed and it makes me sad (but not so fat!)

Jill in CO

That's a pretty cool Guitar Center! I'll have to remember that when I have friends who are Rock n Roll fans in town.

I prefer the skinny fries at Fatburger! :lmao:

Whole foods is a good place to make everyone happy. They have lots of choices for the healthy and unhealthy.

Well I'm sorry to see it come to an end. You really did meet up with a lot of folks and you certainly covered a lot of ground. The photo wrap up was just great! Beautiful pictures! Looking forward to us creating a new TR in less than two weeks!

I'm so sad this epic report is over. It was a great ride. Glad you started a new report for the next trip!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill. Glad you were along for the ride.

Oh my goodness! That Guitar Centre looks amazing!!! :worship: I could spend several hours there. I'm such a music buff, I would be on cloud 9. And those cupcakes...oh Mylanta! Do you remember what kind the were? They look just big enough to satisfy a sweet tooth without making you go into a sugar coma.

One was a vanilla with vanilla buttercream. I know we also tried a Red Velvet. The last one must have been chocolate. I think we also had a lemon one. They were the perfect size for us.

I've never been to the West Coast at all but your pictures do make it look inviting. We have the St. Louis Walk of Fame here and although it pales in comparison to the Hollywood Walk of Fame, it is still neat in its own right. It honors various people that have ties to St. Louis in some shape or form. It includes stars for people such as Chuck Berry, Ulysses S. Grant, Bob Costas, Vincent Price....I believe there are about 140 stars total right now. I know the chances of you ever coming to St. Louis are slim but here is the website about it.

http://stlouiswalkoffame.org/inductees/

I'm sad to see the TR is over but I've already subscribed to your new one. It was great re-living your (and mine in some ways) trip over again!

P.S. It's funny that you reference the number 42. DH and I are Stargate fans so I get it. LOL In fact, when DH asks "How much do you love me?", my answer is always "42". LOL

That's a great list of inductees! I hope to see it someday.

(I think "42" is The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy ;))

The Guitar Center looks very nice with all the different guitars and the floor with all the different band groups. The cupcakes from the Vanilla Bake Shop looks very nice.

I can't believe it has almost been a year since you started on your trip report and now it is finally completed. It sad that it is completed but I really enjoyed reading your trip reports. It was so nice to be able to hang out with you, your family, Alison and Fran during the trip.

It won't be too long until you are here back in SoCal and we will have a fun time at the DLR during the Halloween season.

Not long now for more Cupcakes. :thumbsup2

I have actually calmed down quite considerably over the years and can now visit without ill effects. Actually, my favourite restaurant is right at the Grand Floridian.

You had a busy last day. I am glad that you got some shopping done and that guitar store looks amazing.

Thanks so much for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading along. I really loved the photos summary at the end. I will head over to the new trip report now.

Corinna

Glad you enjoyed reading and thanks for following along. :flower3:

That guitar store was more like a museum!

Thank you again for sharing your memories. I have enjoyed your pictures and perspective immensely!

Thanks for following along. I really appreciate you being here. :dance3:

Wow a year! Hope it doesn't take me that long to get through my TR :eek:

I have fallen behind on my commenting of late, but I have been reading along with interest about your time in LA. You may have convinced me that spending a couple of nights there might not be such a bad thing one of these trips :rotfl:

I really enjoyed your highlights reel! Great times had by all :thumbsup2

I'm really not much of an LA fan but it is worth a couple of nights if you've never been before.

I love Fatburger. Those cupcakes look awesome. How neat is that guitar center. Your recap photos are awesome. The one on top of the mountain is amazing. It is so neat that you met so many DIS friends. A 28 day vacation sounds like heaven. Looks like you had a great time!

Thanks Kim. Yes, I had a great time. One of these trips, we'll have to do a DisMeet ourselves. :thumbsup2

I miss Fatburger. Ours closed and it makes me sad (but not so fat!)

Jill in CO

There are so many great burger places in the US. If you're not eating at Fatburger, where is your next go-to place?

That's a pretty cool Guitar Center! I'll have to remember that when I have friends who are Rock n Roll fans in town.

I prefer the skinny fries at Fatburger! :lmao:

Whole foods is a good place to make everyone happy. They have lots of choices for the healthy and unhealthy.

Well I'm sorry to see it come to an end. You really did meet up with a lot of folks and you certainly covered a lot of ground. The photo wrap up was just great! Beautiful pictures! Looking forward to us creating a new TR in less than two weeks!

I'll have to find another Fatburger and order the skinny fries. :rotfl:

Thanks for reading along, Alison. Always glad to have you along for the ride.

Here's to a new TR. ::yes::

Thanks for persevering PIO - your TR are always so entertaining, fascinating and beautiful. Love your highlights reel - so many great pics. Wish we'd known about the guitar shop before our last Hollywood visit - looks amazing. Also pleased to see that LAX looks like its on the improve - it could only go one way - up, it was so bad! Have a great mad dash to SoCal - I will probably catch the TR on the other side!

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with me.
You helped me get through 6 moths of staying up all night waiting for foals to be born. You also helped me get and stay excited about my 40th birthday trip to WDW that I just came back from with my DH. I have immensely enjoyed all of your pictures and viewing places I have never been and may never get to.
I will truly miss seeing the alerts in my e-mail box saying that there is a new post waiting for me to view.:sad1:
Thank you again for writing this and sharing it with everyone. :thumbsup2

Smashburger is my new favorite. It's Colorado based so not sure how far its grown yet.

Yum!

Jill in CO

jedijill said:
Smashburger is my new favorite. It's Colorado based so not sure how far its grown yet.

Yum!

Jill in CO

We have one in Elk Grove CA. I haven't tried it yet.

Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous adventure. You guys did and saw tons of amazing things. Have you chosen which picture(s) gets framed from this trip?

It's been nearly a year since I started writing this TR. When I originally started, I had no idea how long it would take me to get to this final point. If I knew, I think I may not have started at all. But start it I did and I've now gotten to the end.

I had a trip that took almost a year to write, it's amazing isn't it? Kind of cool but kind of sad once you actually get to the end. 28 days though, simply epic.

The dessert pictures are just stunning

That is quite the guitar center, certainly ours are not like that!

Sitting here in the comfort of my living room, I do not know who is out there reading. And if you don't post a comment, I don't even know if you are enjoying it or not. My only measure is that ubiquitous "Views" number that indicates.....perhaps….there could be a few of you reading this.

Irrespective of whether you've been a 2D friend in a box through this TR or a lurker. The best thing about writing a TR for me is that I have the privilege of sharing my trip with you all. And it is a privilege; most definitely a privilege. I thank you all for reading and sharing in the fun with me.

I have been quite guilty of reading and not posting. Life seems to have gotten away from me these days and I need to get my arms back around it. I am here, enjoying your reports but far less active than I would like. I hope to change that. What an amazing trip and journey, thank you so much for letting me tag along even a little bit, even if I did arrive quite late.

Post Script

For those of you wondering what I'm going to be doing with all my spare time now, I do have a cunning substitute.

I periodically make a Mad Dash over to SoCal and will be making one of Mad Dashes in about a week or so. If you want to follow along....another TR....the link is here.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2614243

This one will be 9 days and will involve a lot of family, friends and shopping. One thing is certain. Have camera will snap. Have snaps, will share. Especially on the Dis. Hope to see you there!

Ooh, mad dashes, I like those!

On my way over now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter