Anyone Get Disney Infinity?

Wendybird55

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Just curious if anyone has Disney Infinity gaming set and if so, what's your opinion on it.

DS is going to be 7 Sept. 21. We have a regular Wii system (and Xbox 360 w/ Kinnect). He is now asking for Disney Infinity for his birthday so I was wondering what others thought of it. Also, we were thinking of getting him Wii U for Christmas (his big Santa gift) and I know you can play Wii your Wii games on Wii U so I am assuming if he got Disney Infinity Wii for his birthday he will be able to play it on Wii U if he gets it for Christmas - right?

I see there's a version for both Wii and Wii U and was wondering if it would be best to wait and get Wii U and Infinity for Wii U for Christmas or will it be OK to get Infinity for Wii now...

Most Wii games will work on Wii U. I was in a Gamestop and someone had the same question. Guy behind the counter said for these games with portals and such that you have to get game system specific. At Best Buy, heard the same question and that person told the woman a Wii Infinity would work on a Wii U system. So who really knows. BTW, my just turned 6-year-old loves Disney Infinity. He also loved Skylanders Giants and we have pre-ordered Skylanders Swapforce.

This may not matter to him, but it's my understanding that for the Wii, you can't play 2-player co-op in story mode -- only 1-player. So if he will want to play with another person, you might want to get it for Xbox instead.

Thanks..We have a Gamestop power up card and was thinking of asking them as well....It does get confusing.

Discussions about Disney Infinity aren't really related to theme parks attractions and strategies. I've moved this thread to the Disney Online Games board.

If your going to get a WiiU, you might as well get the WiiU version of the game. HD graphics and the use of the Gamepad mechanics are reason enough to just get the WiiU version. Otherwise, if you must play now then get the 360 version. Most folks I know would either take the WiiU or 360 version.

We have the 360 version and DS 12 and DD (almost) 15 love it. I highly recommend it, although now I need a new end table next to the tv for them to place all their characters on.;)

The wiiU is great, for wii specific games, like Mario and some sports games. The graphics on the ps3 and Xbox can't really be beat IMO.

I wouldn't get Infinity for Wii, haven't read great reviews.

Thanks for the info..I'm thinking maybe I should get it for Xbox 360 as I'm not sure if my son can wait until Christmas. We got Xbox360 mainly for fun of Kinnect and the few games we have are all Kinnect (Including Disney game). We have the one controller that it came with - is that enough for Infinity? Is there multi play? Should I get another controller so DS and DH (or I) can play together?

Just trying to figure out what would be best...thanks

Toys R' Us is supposed to have another exclusive power disc tomorrow - Tron. There is a nationwide trading event going on and this may be some sort of promotion for people who show up for that. I hope it will be for general release.

Series 2 is being released November 26 and can now be pre-ordered at a lot of online stores. Looks like the same packaging - 2 blind. I think I will wait to see if TRU does nother BOGO for $1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter