Anyone Get Grief for Old Dates on AP?

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
We just got back a week ago. We have had APs for about 2 years. Disney has never sent us new cards since the first time we bought them, even after renewals. DH was using his to get a discount at DHS, when a CM complained that he needed to get a new card with the correct years on the back. She gave him the discount anyway. I told him that they never have sent us new cards. He looked at getting a new one at Guest Services, but the line was huge. We did end up getting new ones at GS, when there was no line. However, they have to be renewed in April anyway. We have never gotten grief for this before. Does everyone else wait at Guest Services to get a new card?

Always.:)

You can do it at ANY Ticket window also.:)

Unfortunately, we don't live nearby. So, we really one have a few visits a year. The lines at guest services are usually really long. Unless you go at park opening, but I don't want to waste precious rope drop hours in the GS line. The ticket windows don't seem to be open when we get to the parks early and when we leave late. Oh well, our cards now say 2019, so we won't have to hassle with that for another year I guess.

You should be able to show your pass in your MDE account on your phone. I have done that many times at stores and restaurants to show proof of mr pass. I have never had any issues.

We were being asked for our card and photo ID most of the time. Occasionally, someone would just see my MB slider and give it to us. I guess he could have tried that. I wasn't with him at the time, so he probably didn't think of it.

If they want you to have a new card why don’t they send it to you? DL started using infinity cards a couple of years ago, no more photo on the card, no more pass level and no exp date, you keep the same card every year.

If they want you to have a new card why don’t they send it to you? DL started using infinity cards a couple of years ago, no more photo on the card, no more pass level and no exp date, you keep the same card every year.

I bet it's a cost savings somehow. Technically, you can show it on the phone, as PP said.

Oh, see you can’t do that at DL, they require swiping the actual pass in the register.

They don't actually swipe the card for discounts at WDW. CM just looks at it and enters something on the register. With Magic Bands, the card is really only used for discounts at WDW. The MB is used for FP+, park entry, hotel room, and room charging. I don't know why they can't read the MB and determine the discount from that:confused3

I wish we would get magic bands over here some day, but they only just went online with FP’s being linked to a ticket. Everything seems 10 years behind WDW lol

I wish we would get magic bands over here some day, but they only just went online with FP’s being linked to a ticket. Everything seems 10 years behind WDW lol

It's good and bad. I am a big planner, so I like FP+ and the magic bands. However, the locals at WDW really don't like FP+. They get hosed on popular rides, because they don't get to book as far out as hotel guests. I don't think this same thing would work at Disneyland. I think they are trying to ease the DLR locals into using the app/website more with Maxpass and dining reservations online. I am planning a DLR trip for July. It will be our 2nd trip. Our first was in summer 2013. I am noticing them slowly going toward more online stuff, but I don't think it will ever or should ever be exactly like WDW. They may get magic bands eventually though, because I could see locals liking the uniqueness of that a lot. It's like wearing Disney jewelry.

I just like the convenience of using it to tap in to the parks and rides better than fumbling with the app or digging out passes. I have 2 kids, and will have a 3 year old in september, so I have to swipe through 3-4 tickets on every gate entry (we hop a lot) and every time we FP a ride, BUT we still have to dig out the passes to get a FP unless we pay for MaxPass. It’s annoying. I don’t think going to 60 days FP’s would work well here, we only have 3 (soon to be 4) Disney hotels, and a gazillion outside hotels.

Not to mention needing to have a good signal, AND the app working properly. It crashes quite a bit.

I just like the convenience of using it to tap in to the parks and rides better than fumbling with the app or digging out passes. I have 2 kids, and will have a 3 year old in september, so I have to swipe through 3-4 tickets on every gate entry (we hop a lot) and every time we FP a ride, BUT we still have to dig out the passes to get a FP unless we pay for MaxPass. It’s annoying. I don’t think going to 60 days FP’s would work well here, we only have 3 (soon to be 4) Disney hotels, and a gazillion outside hotels.

One thing that I totally took for granted is the automatic picture registering for rides and easy scanning for posed pics. The rides pick up your MB RFID and put it on your account. We recently bought the photo package at Universal Orlando for the first time. It was a big hassle waiting in line to have a team member find our ride photo and scan my card. Some rides had terminals where you could find the photo yourself, but that still took a little bit of time. I guess we'll be doing that at DLR too:(

One thing that I totally took for granted is the automatic picture registering for rides and easy scanning for posed pics. The rides pick up your MB RFID and put it on your account. We recently bought the photo package at Universal Orlando for the first time. It was a big hassle waiting in line to have a team member find our ride photo and scan my card. Some rides had terminals where you could find the photo yourself, but that still took a little bit of time. I guess we'll be doing that at DLR too:(

No it’s easier than that! Each photo has a code on it, you just need to enter that code in the app and it will save your photo. If you don’t have MaxPass then it will be watermarked until you buy it, if you have MaxPass it will show up available to download almost immediately. No need to see a CM. I usually snap a quick photo of my ride photos and then enter the codes later if I want to download them.

There are still screens up on the wall previewing scrolling through all photos at the ride exit. That’s where the code is

Ew, why would you want plastic toddler bangles at Disneyland???

I just like the convenience of using it to tap in to the parks and rides better than fumbling with the app or digging out passes.

Why dig anything out? Lanyards are awesome. No digging required. And lanyards are a place to put the pins. It's almost like the pins started on lanyards or something....

Witz brand hard plastic waterproof lanyard case is awesome....

And don't forget that disneyland charges you if you lose your AP. WDW doesn't. So don't wish for the parks to be the same too much, because we know that they always take the least convenient-for-the-guest parts of the parks when they get all matchy matchy.

Ew, why would you want plastic toddler bangles at Disneyland???

Why dig anything out? Lanyards are awesome. No digging required. And lanyards are a place to put the pins. It's almost like the pins started on lanyards or something....

Witz brand hard plastic waterproof lanyard case is awesome....

And don't forget that disneyland charges you if you lose your AP. WDW doesn't. So don't wish for the parks to be the same too much, because we know that they always take the least convenient-for-the-guest parts of the parks when they get all matchy matchy.

Well if I wasn’t wearing a baby, a lanyard with tiny weapons attached might be a practical option. Different strokes...

And in 22 years I’ve never lost a single pass. ;-)

Yes, you do have to get the new card at Guest Services, but you have to ask for it (they don't seem to offer it automatically when activating an annual pass) and every CM I remember there in recent years said that I wouldn't actually need the card. But I did need it for discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter